Curing for Canadian bacon QUESTIONS?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daddyzaring

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
Okay I finnally got some cure, and I have my pork loins.  Now I have tons of questions.  I bought this bradley's Maple cure, now as far as instruction, it only says how much to use, rub it into the meat, and refridgerate in plastic.  That's it How long do I refridgerate it?  Then I also need to find out how to smoke it?  Is there any particular way to prepare it, how long and what temp?  This is my first go at curing, and canadian bacon, so any help will greatly be appreciated.  I have 3 pretty good sized loins, a couple of 2-3 pounders, and a big 15 or so pounder.  I figured I start of with one of the smaller ones.  I am thinking of using Oak, and maple to smoke it, and either be using my MES 30, or GOSM Charcoal.

Some other questions, is it better the longer you leave it curing?  is it okay to add other seasoning to the cure, or can you a rub or seasoning after you rinse the cure?

Thanks Guys

Search Shooter Rick's Canadian bacon. All your questions will be answered. And maybe some you ain't thought of yet.
icon_smile.gif

Shooter's recipe will help you if you are using Tender Quick.  I am not familiar with how Bradley's works. You might want to contact them.

Good luck and good smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky