Cured Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Pop's Brine does it again. You just can not go wrong know mater what you put in it! I had went to friends yesterday for deep fried turkey so doing mine today. This was by far the best Turkey I have ever done. Injected and brine for 3 days. Good rinse and cut back bone out. Let dry for 2. Smoke with pecan at 225 for one hour and 325 for 2. This is twice in a row no notifications from RecTec app. Changed to the Inkbird.

20201127_132813.jpg 20201127_134325.jpg 20201127_134346.jpg 20201127_142019.jpg 20201127_142024.jpg 20201127_142503.jpg

This going to be third year in a row I am using Pops brine to smoke turkey. Probably, there is better brine exist out there but I am not going to look around. Pop's brine is way to go!

I use Pop's brine on boneless breasts to have for sandwiches and in chef's salads. They freeze well too. Have you ever done the turkey with injection and cover brine for less than 3 days? I understand the lower strength philosophy and all that, just curious about that brine time.

Have you ever done the turkey with injection and cover brine for less than 3 days? I understand the lower strength philosophy and all that, just curious about that brine time.
I do it with chickens all the time . 24 hours inject and soak . Cooked hot and fast . Comes out fantastic .

Reactions: tallbm and thirdeye
The bird looks nice. My family are not Cured Smoked Turkey fans but I am. Looks like I will have to make some Legs for myself...JJ

I took some cold up to met friends at brewery. They where impressed. My bud says he going to try to add some cure to his brine he uses for his fried turkey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky