Cured and smoked pork ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahakohda

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
Single rack was halved and wet cured 7 days ago.
Smoked 6 hours at 180F with apple pellets.
Highly recommend you to at least try to cook it once
DDF01B51-D79E-4CD7-B194-C50581ACBDA8.jpeg

13DD9B9B-0247-45CE-8F0F-135B5F1CB290.jpeg

539A451F-AE1B-4AA8-8EA9-179699708E57.jpeg

Looks great! They are really good that way, been thinking I need to do more of them again!

Ryan

Reactions: ahakohda
I have Cured ribs many times, though I don't use a wet cure on much of anything anymore. They always turn out really tasty. :)

Sure look Pretty. They are a nice change from the usual Smoked Ribs..JJ

Reactions: ahakohda
ahakohda ahakohda guided me with my first Bacon on a stick, and they were tremendously successful! I scored the St Louis ribs for $1.67/lb., so double score! They were the star at Thanksgiving with the in-laws.

I have these on tonight, about 4.5 hours in at 160 - 170 on the CC. And now I'm seeing these black spots randomly, and especially on the rib tips. Try to smudge it and there's really nothing there, maybe a little ash. Is it sugar burning?

I'm cutting these into portions for gifts, so not liking the look!

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 29
I don’t want to call it bone marrow but its definitely that substance inside the bone. Maybe mixed with some blood residue.
I’ve seen it before. Just wipe it off.
Ribs looking great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky