Culinary final meal.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kawboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 20, 2015
Central Minnesota
Last night I prepared my meal portion of my final exam. Photo quality sucks I know, but turned out well. Started out with brat bites wrapped in pretzel dough, served with a creamy kraut sauce, mustard, and sauerkraut. Next up was a beet salad with tarragon mustard vinaigrette with Kaiser rolls. Main dish is saurbraten with potato dumplings and braised purple cabbage. Dessert was our family recipe apple strudel with cinnamon whipped cream. I believe it went pretty well. Chef and class mate seemed to enjoy it. Now for written exams.

Attachments

• 20210415_181824.jpg
    20210415_181824.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image000005.jpg
    image000005.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 52
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image000004.jpg
    image000004.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 62
The meal looks great and you made some solid choices following your German Theme.
I guess some program requirements are different. When I went to Culinary School, and where I taught, we had to Cook and Serve a themed Luncheon, 3 courses, for 100 guests. We had to carve an Ice Sculpture to match our theme as well. We went in groups of 2, one student supervising the Kitchen Staff and one supervising the Dinning Room Servers. We had to work our Weak side. I was strong in the kitchen so I was in the Dinning Room. Was a great time looking back but was Stressful at the time.
Id wish you luck on the final, but if you know your stuff and study for a refresher, you'll Kick Butt, no Luck needed!...JJ

Reactions: kawboy
Very nicely done. As others have stated, if you do as well on the written part of the exam, you're home free. Please keep us posted. Never been to culinary school, as my good posts indicate, but I can imagine it's quite stressful. You're almost there though....

Robert

The meal looks great and you made some solid choices following your German Theme.
I guess some program requirements are different. When I went to Culinary School, and where I taught, we had to Cook and Serve a themed Luncheon, 3 courses, for 100 guests. We had to carve an Ice Sculpture to match our theme as well. We went in groups of 2, one student supervising the Kitchen Staff and one supervising the Dinning Room Servers. We had to work our Weak side. I was strong in the kitchen so I was in the Dinning Room. Was a great time looking back but was Stressful at the time.
Id wish you luck on the final, but if you know your stuff and study for a refresher, you'll Kick Butt, no Luck needed!...JJ
Thanks! This is just a community college culinary program. I basically wanted to know if I could still learn after 50. Have done some good internships with it, in fact I m staying on part time at my final one. Just a few weekends working with the banquet crew. Been a fun experience though.

Food looks great, giver hell on the written. You know you can do it.
I cooked for 20 years than wanted a change, so became a carpenter. It was hard going back and doing school ( while still cooking to pay the bills ) work after all those years. But if you enjoy it , its not that bad.
Looks like you really enjoy it by the look of your foods
Good on you

David

Awesome looking meal and good luck with the written portion

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's been a hell of a ride. I work 40 hours a week, in class 16 hours a week + a 45 minute commute each way, and 16 to 30 hours internship each week! Wife hasn't been complaining about the leftovers from class at all. I also sneak stuff in to my 84 year old mother as well. It will be weird after this week having evenings free. But it will sure be nice to have time to grill and smoke again though!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky