• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cube Steaks

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Man I love some good cube steak. Looks delicious

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
I cook it a lot, but serve it over rice. Homemade mushroom and onion gravy with the emphasis on lots of onions and mushrooms.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That looks awesome. My son made Swedish meatballs on egg noodles tonight . Looks close to the same . Nice meal .

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks good. Cube steaks are my brothers all time fav

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 7, 2017
YEAP! My daughter loves cube steak! And yours looks good on top of noodles!
LIKE!

JackmaElen

Joined Mar 5, 2021
I used to make Cube Beef Steak seared in beef broth, onion and garlic powder then made with the mushroom gravy.

I would love to share recipe with you guys!

Cube Steak Ingredients:
This mushroom gravy is one of the BEST! This gravy is light and flavorful with that creamy gravy taste. It is filled with slices of mushrooms and onions soaking up beef broth and onions soup mix. Mushroom gravy is one of my favorite flavors of gravy and over this steak it is irresistible! This combination is mouth watering and one the best meals our family loves to make over and over again.

• Flour
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • Olive Oil
  • Cube Steaks
Mushroom Gravy:

• Olive Oil
  • Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • Beef Broth
  • Onion Soup Mix
  • Cornstarch
  • Water
How to Cook Cube Steak:
So simple to make in two easy steps to make and prepare the steak. Then create a delicious mushroom gravy that is out of this world good. Combined it is the perfect combination and so delicious!

1. Mix together seasoning: In a small bowl combine the flour, pepper, salt, onion, powder and garlic powder. Add the cube steak and coat with the flour on each side.
  2. Cook the cube steak: In a medium sized skillet add the olive oil. Over medium high heat add the cube steak and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
  3. To make the mushroom gravy: Add the olive oil and sliced onions. Sauté for 4-5 minutes and add in the mushrooms until they are tender and mushrooms are golden. Add in the beef broth and onion soup mix and mix until dissolved. Combine the cornstarch and water and whisk in a small bowl. Add to the gravy and mix. Add the cube steaks back to the gravy and let simmer until sauce has started to thicken.
The last thing, your grill matters a lot. Recently I bought my new Pellet Grill to make these juicy and tendered steaks.

Regards,
Jackma Elen

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I can't remember the last time I even seen a cube steak.
Richie

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
It's still here but we stopped buying it because it's expensive. Used to be about the same price as ground beef but is now is steak prices. Wife likes it the way above but I like it as "swiss steak" with a tomato base. If it ever comes down again or if I get the do hickey to make it I want to country fried steak. Never had it.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wife did a Fine Job!!
Looks Mighty tasty, Rick!!
Like.

Bear

Norwester55

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 1, 2018
It's still here but we stopped buying it because it's expensive. Used to be about the same price as ground beef but is now is steak prices. Wife likes it the way above but I like it as "swiss steak" with a tomato base. If it ever comes down again or if I get the do hickey to make it I want to country fried steak. Never had it.
I've got the Weston cuber and have gotten a lot of use out of it. I like to run boneless pork chops thru twice, bread and fry 'em. Makes a great sammich!
Haven't had chicken fried steak since I was a kid, i'll have to give that a shot.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.