Cuban Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
So I was having a few friends over for a football game on the weekend so I decided to try a Cuban Sandwich.

First I started with a loaf of French bread. (all I could find) I coated it with mustard, then a layer of Swiss and a layer of garlic dills.

IMG_6230.jpg

Next was a healthy layer of homemade ham.

IMG_6231.jpg

Next was the Mojo pork that I posted about a week ago.

IMG_6232.jpg

Next was another layer of swiss to "glue" the whole thing together.

IMG_6233.jpg

Next put the top on

IMG_6234.jpg

Then butter the top and bottom of the sandwich place in a hot cast iron pan and press down with a second pan to flatten the sandwich. Then cut into individual sandwiches.

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

What an amazing sandwich! Everyone agreed it was something to make again! The only thing I would change was maybe a little more cheese!! Thanks for looking!

Looks very good! We have Cubans 2-4 times a month and it looks like you have all the right fix-in's going on. Nice work.
Don

Great looking sammie, I'll have to put that in my lunch box of things to do.

point for sure
Chris

Oh yeah! Like! I will order these on occasion when we eat out but have never made one. I think that's going to change.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky