CSR with injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stolps

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Buffalo MN
I'm fairly new to the BBQ world and am loving it. Yesterday I thought I would try something, I picked up a pack of rib cut CSRs and used an injection on them. I let them sit over night and rubbed them down 4 hours before I threw them in the smoker. I sprayed them with the left over injection every hour and flipped them once during the cook. They cooked for 3 hours over a 225 degree smoke of apple, hickory and pecan mix. The last 30 minutes I mopped them with a sauce and turned the heat up to 375. They were unbelievable tender and juicy. Every time I have ever tried to grill CSRs they either come out tough or dry. Will upload Qview shortley

Sounds like a great cook, nice job ! CSR's can get overcooked easily which makes them tough & dry ! I personally go by the probe test with them... When ya can stick a temp probe or toothpick in them & it slides in with little resistance, they are done !

Sounds like a great cook, nice job ! CSR's can get overcooked easily which makes them tough & dry ! I personally go by the probe test with them... When ya can stick a temp probe or toothpick in them & it slides in with little resistance, they are done !
That's really good to know. I will use that from now on. I did cook them to an IT of about 160. Have to admit I was worried until I got into them. Thanks for the advice!

No problem, hope that helps ! Your cook sounds great, if ya get a chance post up a pic !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky