CSR chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dcecil

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Clovis Ca
Smoked some CSRs last night for dinner, left half naked just to give them smoke for today’s chili. My parts done, my wife now takes over. She is the chili cook off winner in our house lol. Cubed and tossed in the Chili
71E182A0-529F-415C-9572-80FE1E0C14B5.jpeg
chili consist of kidney beans,canneli beans,crushed tomatoes,bell pepper,red onion,ground beef,minced garlic
Spices; chili powder,kosher salt,fresh cracked pepper,oregano,basil,Franks hot sauce and beef broth. This will be poured over corn bread of course lol. Can’t wait for dinner.

Heck Yeah!
Looks tasty, do I see hominy in there?

But Kidney beans? Somebody get a rope!

Most any leftover BBQ goes great in chili, chicken, pork and beef.
Tacos and nachos are favorites too.
Haha, I wasn’t a believer in kidney beans until my wife introduced me to them. Now all chili we make has them in it. The things that look like hominy is called a canneli bean. Here’s a better picture
92D4B63F-5EB7-4F43-ADAE-0640841074DC.jpeg
I agree chili, most left overs go great in the crock pot with whatever ever else you can toss in with it. One of the most valuable lessons I have learned on this site is what to do with left overs. Rather it’s learning how to store it properly or what to make with it the next go around. Thanks for the kind words

It's to bad you live on the wrong coast, I'd love a bowl of that there chili.

Point for sure.
Chris

IMG_20171019_093409.png

Sounds great!
There are some soups like that. Add chopped kale.. use small pasta or rice ... vegetable or chicken stock and it's an Italian soup. Seasoned like you have and kale for a Spanish soup.

It's to bad you live on the wrong coast, I'd love a bowl of that there chili.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate the compliment

Point for sure.
Chris
That is some good looking chili Doug!
Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al
Al, your to kind and always a good time on the carousel. Means a lot. Thank you

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky