CSR Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
These were just a cabinet filler to keep a pork butt company. I cubed up some boneless CSRs, dusted them, and let sit over night. Started the smoker on apple, got them up to 140, sauced and stirred in a bit more rub, and covered with foil. Toward the end, I removed the foil to set the bark.

The butt is still perking along. The damned burnt ends are hard to ignore. It took a lot of will power to put them in the fridge.

10CD21DC-3083-4BD5-A8AF-6A2AC07F1FA4.jpeg

These were just a cabinet filler to keep a pork butt company. I cubed up some boneless CSRs, dusted them, and let sit over night. Started the smoker on apple, got them up to 140, sauced and stirred in a bit more rub, and covered with foil. Toward the end, I removed the foil to set the bark.

The butt is still perking along. The damned burnt ends are hard to ignore. It took a lot of will power to put them in the fridge.

View attachment 495240
Those look damn good

I'd say will power is way overated! I'd trade it in a minute for chef snacks! Looks really good!

Ryan

Reactions: OldSmoke
Thank you for the likes!

They came out great. I used Jeff’s sauce recipe and added molasses and bourbon. If you can wait just one day longer for the flavors to meld, you just can’t put the fork down.

If you slice up a couple, they make great sliders.

I like CSR burnt ends a lot!! There one of my favorites.

Your's look great!!

Going to have to make some up soon.

I like CSR burnt ends a lot!! There one of my favorites.

Thanks for the like. Burnt ends are dangerous. You pull them out, take them to the kitchen, and stand at the counter with a fork sampling. And, you can’t stop!

Reactions: ksblazer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky