• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

CSR Burnt Ends

OldSmoke

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
These were just a cabinet filler to keep a pork butt company. I cubed up some boneless CSRs, dusted them, and let sit over night. Started the smoker on apple, got them up to 140, sauced and stirred in a bit more rub, and covered with foil. Toward the end, I removed the foil to set the bark.

The butt is still perking along. The damned burnt ends are hard to ignore. It took a lot of will power to put them in the fridge.

10CD21DC-3083-4BD5-A8AF-6A2AC07F1FA4.jpeg

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 8, 2016
These were just a cabinet filler to keep a pork butt company. I cubed up some boneless CSRs, dusted them, and let sit over night. Started the smoker on apple, got them up to 140, sauced and stirred in a bit more rub, and covered with foil. Toward the end, I removed the foil to set the bark.

The butt is still perking along. The damned burnt ends are hard to ignore. It took a lot of will power to put them in the fridge.

View attachment 495240
Those look damn good

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Those look awesome but what in the heck is CSR?:emoji_joy:

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I couldn't figure that one out thank you, Al.
Dan :emoji_metal: :emoji_metal::emoji_sunglasses:

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I'd say will power is way overated! I'd trade it in a minute for chef snacks! Looks really good!

Ryan

OldSmoke

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
Thank you for the likes!

They came out great. I used Jeff’s sauce recipe and added molasses and bourbon. If you can wait just one day longer for the flavors to meld, you just can’t put the fork down.

If you slice up a couple, they make great sliders.

ksblazer

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 11, 2012
I like CSR burnt ends a lot!! There one of my favorites.

Your's look great!!

Going to have to make some up soon.

OldSmoke

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
I like CSR burnt ends a lot!! There one of my favorites.
Thanks for the like. Burnt ends are dangerous. You pull them out, take them to the kitchen, and stand at the counter with a fork sampling. And, you can’t stop!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.