• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
1674907659458.png

Some of you may know about these, but they're a recent discovery for us. My brother-in-law was in town from Pennsylvania for the holidays and he loves these and turned us onto them, but it took us a minute or two to find them here. But my quest is over, I found them at Food Lion and then Walmart. Turns out I had been looking in the wrong part of the store as these are sold in the produce section on a non-refrigerated shelf. At Walmart, they are on a shelf at the end of the produce section along with other varieties they make.

These have some heat and are great as a salad topping, on baked potatoes, a bowl of chili, omelets, etc. Haven't had them on a burger yet, but that'll be soon. Lots of good uses and just passing this along...

Haven't had that brand but I've inhaled many containers of the French's variety. I think I posted something about them recently. Availability has been hit or miss for quite a few years, pre-"rona" included. Now I have to have some!

I've never seen them either. I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm in the grocer.

Thanks

Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Thanks for sharing Charles, I haven’t noticed these locally but will definitely keep an eye out for them… right up my son and my alley!

Now will also keep an eye out for the Dillies that clifish clifish posted… whole fam likes pickles!

Thanks for that, my local Target has them and just saw they have this as well:
View attachment 656087
I'll definitely be looking for those, Cliff and also the red peppers that Central PA Cowboy Central PA Cowboy posted about. In addition to these, all they had at the store were the onions and croutons, but looking at their website they have quite a collection of products that I would like to try...

I'll definitely be looking for those, Cliff and also the red peppers that Central PA Cowboy Central PA Cowboy posted about. In addition to these, all they had at the store were the onions and croutons, but looking at their website they have quite a collection of products that I would like to try...
I was able to get both the jalapenos and dillies at 2 different stores. The dillies are really good, the jalapeno was a bit disappointing heat wise. It may be that it was a different brand than posted above.

I was able to get both the jalapenos and dillies at 2 different stores. The dillies are really good, the jalapeno was a bit disappointing heat wise. It may be that it was a different brand than posted above.
Well you did make it thru the Paqui Ghost pepper chip challenge a short time ago.

Chris

I have a deep fryer in one of my cooking devices on the deck that holds about a gallon of oil. When cooking fish I do some jalapeno slices dipped in my left over fish batter to fry a couple minutes. They are great while fresh, but get a little soggy leftover. Now got me wondering, if I would then put them in my dehydrator afterward to take out the remaining moisture, wonder what that would be like? Have to give them and some onion rings a try. Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky