Creamed Chipped Canadian Bacon On toast (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Note: whoever it was that decided to create this forum..kudos to you!! I love a good breakfast as much as any other meal. Tried a couple times to get some interest going in posting more breakfast meals but without any success. Hopefully this will get more people involved.

Yes, you read that correctly. Being that it rained all day Wednesday I had nothing on the books for work Thursday. Bummed around the house in the morning and started getting hungry. I didn't really want the same ol' same ol' breakfast so came up with this idea. Turned out really well too!!

Started with a 6 oz package of homemade Canadian Bacon made ala disco disco
013.jpg

Cut it up and put it in a pan with a couple tablespoons of butter
014.jpg

Melt the butter and add about 1 1/2 T of AP flour
015.jpg

Mix that all up and add 1 1/2 cups of milk and a nice shot of CBP
016.jpg

Simmer on low till thickened, serve over toast and a dash or two of Tabasco sauce and more CBP
019.jpg

I was concerned that it may be a bit sweet but turned out not to be the case. There was some sweetness to it but not unappealing at all and it was nicely balanced out with the pepper and Tabasco sauce. It certainly met my expectations of wanting to do something different and I'll keep this one in the archives to do again.

Thanks for looking,
Robert

Another good breakfast....I'm thinking I need to maybe do better breakfasts.

Probably won't happen as I have never been a big breakfast fan. If I do eat it it is usually 4 hours after I get up and then i do lunch 2 hours later. Go figure.

Must be from my cigarette smoking days when a cup of coffee and a cigarette was breakfast.

John

Keep them coming Robert it looks good. We usually don't eat breakfast all week but if we do maybe toast or something. Weekends usually bacon and eggs, but sometimes be nice for a change.

Ryan

That looks delcious. Growing up we ate chopped beef gravy a lot. So much so I hated it. As an adult I love it. Have never had it with Canadian bacon.

Great Idea, Robert!!
I got a lot of Breakfasts posted, but I never though of "Creamed Chipped Canadian Bacon on Toast".
Looks like my kinda Breakfast Too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Another good breakfast....I'm thinking I need to maybe do better breakfasts.

If I was home every morning, I'd cook breakfast every day. During the week my "breakfast" usually comes around 9:00 and consists of a bacon cheese burger or grilled chicken sandwich. Weekends though I like to make nicer stuff for Tracy and I.

Robert

Keep them coming Robert it looks good. We usually don't eat breakfast all week but if we do maybe toast or something. Weekends usually bacon and eggs, but sometimes be nice for a change.

Ryan

No doubt I like mixing things up. I've got a ton of really creative breakfasts on file. A few have been posted but if you wanna see some other things to get different ideas, just say so.

Robert

That looks delcious. Growing up we ate chopped beef gravy a lot. So much so I hated it. As an adult I love it. Have never had it with Canadian bacon.

When I was a kid I used to get creamed chipped beef and gravy. The dried beef was very expensive though so it was a rare treat when I got some. Usually on weekends when dad would cook up a family breakfast for us and he'd make that part of the meal...just for me :emoji_wink:

Remembering way back,
Robert

Great Idea, Robert!!
I got a lot of Breakfasts posted, but I never though of "Creamed Chipped Canadian Bacon on Toast".
Looks like my kinda Breakfast Too!!
Nice Job!

Thanks so much Bear. I just wanted something different and saw this in the freezer and thought...hmmmm....this might work. It certainly went outside the box but was a worthy effort.

Robert

TXS, I'm going to have to try this breakfast !

Go for it CM!! If Tracy had been here I'd have done some scrambled eggs or something else to go along with this but it was plenty just for me. Matter of fact, I bet this would be REALLY good served over scrambled eggs. That may very well be next....

Robert

When I was a kid I used to get creamed chipped beef and gravy. The dried beef was very expensive though so it was a rare treat when I got some. Usually on weekends when dad would cook up a family breakfast for us and he'd make that part of the meal...just for me :emoji_wink:

Remembering way back,
Robert
I remember Carl Buddings Chipped Beef used to be part of the creamed gravy and beef on buttered toast...

Looks good Robert!

I hated SOS/chipped beef growing up as I did a lot of other things that I now like. I've been meaning to revisit this one.

Like!

Great Idea ! Seems to me Indaswamp or Foamheart did something similar with Tasso. Dang if I can find it now. Next time I make Tasso, I gotta save a couple hunks to grate.

Another good one Robert!
I haven't had chipped anything on toast in years!
Yours sure looks delicious!
Al

Note: whoever it was that decided to create this forum..kudos to you!! I love a good breakfast as much as any other meal. Tried a couple times to get some interest going in posting more breakfast meals but without any success. Hopefully this will get more people involved.

Yes, you read that correctly. Being that it rained all day Wednesday I had nothing on the books for work Thursday. Bummed around the house in the morning and started getting hungry. I didn't really want the same ol' same ol' breakfast so came up with this idea. Turned out really well too!!

Started with a 6 oz package of homemade Canadian Bacon made ala disco disco
View attachment 429898

Cut it up and put it in a pan with a couple tablespoons of butter
View attachment 429899

Melt the butter and add about 1 1/2 T of AP flour
View attachment 429900

Mix that all up and add 1 1/2 cups of milk and a nice shot of CBP
View attachment 429901

Simmer on low till thickened, serve over toast and a dash or two of Tabasco sauce and more CBP
View attachment 429903

I was concerned that it may be a bit sweet but turned out not to be the case. There was some sweetness to it but not unappealing at all and it was nicely balanced out with the pepper and Tabasco sauce. It certainly met my expectations of wanting to do something different and I'll keep this one in the archives to do again.

Thanks for looking,
Robert
Looks to die for!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky