Crawfish sale...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can get fresh tail meat, but it is not consistent as far as supply...usually between March and May.
Keith, I am going to be in NOLA just before the North Florida gathering, and driving to Jerry's on Friday. If you can point me in the right direction I'll be happy to donate 20 pounds to the shindig. I only hope someone there will know how to cook them!!!??? I don't know if live ones will be better or not? Or just plain fresh (not frozen) meat? Of course I'll be looking for the best local andouille as well. I wasn't a fan of Jerry Lees, not enough heat, and it seems they have gone so commercial that the flavors don't seem to be there anymore.

Keith, I am going to be in NOLA just before the North Florida gathering, and driving to Jerry's on Friday. If you can point me in the right direction I'll be happy to donate 20 pounds to the shindig. I only hope someone there will know how to cook them!!!??? I don't know if live ones will be better or not? Or just plain fresh (not frozen) meat? Of course I'll be looking for the best local andouille as well. I wasn't a fan of Jerry Lees, not enough heat, and it seems they have gone so commercial that the flavors don't seem to be there anymore.
I'll keep you posted as it gets closer on where to get the mudbugs. As far as andouille, Wayne Jacob's Andouille in LaPlace, LA. is the gold standard. Make sure it is Wayne's though as there is another Andouille shop by the name of Jacob's....and it is not the same.

Reactions: drdon
“Home of Andouille Smoked The Old Fashioned Way”

Just looked it up, Thank you sir! Drooling at their website. May have to bring a FEW coolers.

Don

Louisiana crawfish? or Chinese?
Louisiana, I made that mistake before. Never again. They can get tricky and say packaged in Louisiana but product from china. Man that nasty stuff!

Here my recipe. One of my favorite.

I don't know if live ones will be better or not?

They provide the biggest WOW factor... Bob ( eman eman , rest his soul) was from La. and always brought 2 bags of live to Jerry's ( pineywoods pineywoods )... Would boil em (1 bag Fri. 1 Sat.) and dump them on the table (after a cooler rest in seasoning) ... They didn't last long ...

Ask about cooking them on the N. Fl. gathering thread... Somebody will offer ...

Last edited:
They provide the biggest WOW factor... Bob ( eman eman , rest his soul) was from La. and always brought 2 bags of live to Jerry's ( pineywoods pineywoods )... Would boil em (1 bag Fri. 1 Sat.) and dump them on the table (after a cooler rest in seasoning) ... They didn't last long ...

Ask about cooking them on the N. Fl. gathering thread... Somebody will offer ...

Thanks Keith will do.
Don

Nice score! I’m waiting for spring to be able to put the pots in the water for some a spring time cawdad boil!

I make no promises.....but I will check with some family connections I have in Pierre Part Louisiana for crawfish.
We will be in Buras on Monday and no other plans yet until Thursday in Pensacola. Probably go back to Seither’s seafood or Katie’s restaurant unless we can find some lesser known good eats! We visit NOLA 1-2 times a year….just to fish and eat. So any suggestions are welcome. Just did Ruby Slipper cafe last year, pretty good food, but always looking for that perfect Crawfish sauce.

Reactions: indaswamp
Nice score, when it's available here it's from Taiwan so someplace similar.

Point for sure
Chris

IMG_0108.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky