Crawfish Boil!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Went to a crawfish boil with my fishing buddy and his wife this past Saturday. The host bought 4 sacks of crawfish, but only boiled 2; gave me a sack to take home. It was a fair trade as I left a lot of salumi for him to enjoy. As it just so happened, we had a pool party planned Sunday so that turned into a crawfish boil too! Friends bought the stuff for a boil, I brought the bugs...
IMG_20220522_180646.jpg

Was only 6 adults and a bunch of kids. I ended up with about 2# of peeled seasoned tails, a gallon bag of seasoned corn on the cob, and some potatoes.

Will be making a river road crawfish stew later this week and a shrimp and corn soup with the corn....

Last edited:
Good size for this late in the year. You really don't want large crawfish in May as they can have very hard shells which make peeling difficult. The medium sized ones still have soft shells. I did not do the boil. Neighbor of my firefighter friend did the boil....first time I've seen oranges in a boil. It was very good... I like it better than lemon.

Bugs were easy to peel and perfectly seasoned at both boils. First go around was traditional....Second boil on Sunday had the oranges...I like them with the oranges better.

Looks awesome and bet it tasted great

Probably my favorite food on the planet. We went to a boil in February for my birthday and another at the very end of April. Love em spicy. I can eat 5-7lb no problem. We have a guy. Has a restaurant and 2 trucks does live sacks or already boiled. Brings them up 3x a week from baton rouge. Called Louisiana seafood company. He carries all the gulf goodies year round depending on what's in season. Thanks for posting

Looks like a great feast.unfortunately I'm way way up north and can't emagine how to get the ingredients here. Hope to make it back down south sometimes soon and will make sure to look for it. Is it something that a restaurant would offer?

Nice bug feast. Looks delicious.
Thanks SE!
Looks awesome and bet it tasted great
Thanks piney! They sure were good!
Probably my favorite food on the planet. We went to a boil in February for my birthday and another at the very end of April. Love em spicy. I can eat 5-7lb no problem. We have a guy. Has a restaurant and 2 trucks does live sacks or already boiled. Brings them up 3x a week from baton rouge. Called Louisiana seafood company. He carries all the gulf goodies year round depending on what's in season. Thanks for posting
Thanks Jake! Glad you can get the good stuff fresh up there!
Oh man that is a beautiful site! That is how a celebration of flavor!
Thanks civilsmoker! 'Twas mighty fine eating...
That is just phenomenal!
Thanks WHB!

I have never seen crayfish on a menu around here in NY, Th only ones I ever had where swimming in my fish tanks. They look very appetizing but I will never have a chance to try them due to my shellfish allergy.

I have never seen crayfish on a menu around here in NY, Th only ones I ever had where swimming in my fish tanks. They look very appetizing but I will never have a chance to try them due to my shellfish allergy.
I have a couple times in Rochester. But the price was ridiculous. I have bought them frozen. But they aren't the same as fresh though.

Awesome looking spread. Crawfish are delicious. Still wondering if can do one up here in Wisconsin. I was reading on a site they will ship them live to here 'overnight'. Just wondering if they would make it and still be fine to cook??
Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Wow! That is one delicious looking bed of bugs!!
Thanks Steve! They were good!
Nice

I really like bugs.
Thanks Rick. I am still disappointed I could not find you less than a sack of crawfish when you passed through town a couple years ago. They just don't sell them live by the pound here, gotta buy a whole sack. Now already boiled-no problem; they sell those by the pound.
They're alright... I much prefer making an etouffee or a stew with the tail meat though.
I have a couple times in Rochester. But the price was ridiculous. I have bought them frozen. But they aren't the same as fresh though.
Yeah, get too far outside of a days drive from Louisiana and the price gets ridiculous!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky