Crawdads....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lol Paul!  Did you ask your Mrs first? You have to have permission..
biggrin.gif
 lol  

Thanks Paul!! 
wink.gif

that looks scruptous. I've never had the opportunity to eat crawdads; taste like lobster?

Thank you Caribou!   Crawdads aren't really like lobster... and they don't exactly taste like shrimp.. hmmmm.. I'm having a hard time coming up with something to compare them to.. lol   They have a unique flavor all their own I guess.  Hope you get to try them sometime!
smile.gif

Cowgirl ya missed the perfect chance to say " it tastes like chicken " LOL  Crawdads have a tamer less rich flavor than lobster or shrimp ( must be the fresh water thing ).

I honestly couldn't tell ya what they taste like since the ones I have had have been seasoned. It taste kinda fishy, kinda meaty and a lot like the seasonings LOL

Shoot Paul, I didn't know that!
icon_redface.gif
 You're a loner like me!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

lol Lugnutz... I shoulda said that. lol   Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Wow..that looks awesome..I would love to do that for my friends..problem is..living up here on the "central coast of Wisconsin" we don't have acces to mudbugs. or any real good seafood for that matter

Any of you southern folk willing to ship a big ole bag of crawdads up to Wisconsin?  I would love to get some to do a boil with.

Dan

Thats a great looking boil. I somehow found my way to South Mississippi from Alaska and married into a Cajun family. We do Mudbugs just about every other weekend. We cook 30-50lbs at a time. Play music, and drink lots of ice cold beer. Waiting for the Bugs to come back into season!

Thanks Dan, hope you are able to get them up there...

CaptDen, that would be a great way to spend the summer.. I could definately do these at least once a week.
biggrin.gif
 From Alaska to Mississippi..that's an interesting change of weather conditions. Thanks Capt Den!

Well, Jeannie, you have once again out done yourself!

And you are still single? Mebbe that's a smart thing.

The "M" word is not allowed in our house.

So, what a fantastic yet elegantly simple feast for you and your friends!

Tomorrow I am putting a ram lamb in freezer camp. Some will be held out for next weekend. if all turns out OK thern here will be a nice QView of a smoked leg of lamb raised right here.

Kudos

and

Cheers!

so where is the best, most resonably priced placed that will ship Crawdads up to the Midwest?  I would love to do a crawdad boil here for my friends..but just trying to find a place that doesn't rob you blind to ship them up here.

Any suggestions

Dan

Well, Jeannie, you have once again out done yourself!

And you are still single? Mebbe that's a smart thing.

The "M" word is not allowed in our house.

So, what a fantastic yet elegantly simple feast for you and your friends!

Tomorrow I am putting a ram lamb in freezer camp. Some will be held out for next weekend. if all turns out OK thern here will be a nice QView of a smoked leg of lamb raised right here.

Kudos

and

Cheers!
Thank you Monty.. it's good to see you!

Still single and still not ready to look.
biggrin.gif
  You two have it made..... I'm so happy that you found each other again. Looking forward to seeing your lamb Qview!

so where is the best, most resonably priced placed that will ship Crawdads up to the Midwest?  I would love to do a crawdad boil here for my friends..but just trying to find a place that doesn't rob you blind to ship them up here.

Any suggestions

Dan
I'm not sure about online stores... Maybe a google search will bring up places to compair prices. 
They grow wild here and I catch them when I have the time.. my grocery store carries them in the seafood department too. Maybe your grocery store could order some for you?  Hope you have good luck with the boil!!

Any suggestions

Dan
Dan ,

i can get them shipped to you from south louisiana in season . But shipping live crawfish is not cheap. or should i say, i have never found a cheap shipper.  From what i've seen the cost of shipping 2 -30 lb sacks is more than the cost of the crawfish.

Here is the rate chart for seafood
[h4]Door-to-Door, Next-Day Delivery[/h4]
Price does not include the cost of seafood. Price includes costs of container, gel packs and freight
SEAFOOD WEIGHTCOSTS
1-5 #49.49
6-10 #60.49
11-15 #65.99
16-20 #74.79
21-25 #84.69
26-30 #95.69
31-35 #107.79
36-40 #115.49
41-45 #128.69
46-50 #138.59
51-55 #150.69
56-60 #181.49
61-65 #191.39
66-70 #203.49
71-80 #219.99  

Last edited by a moderator:
Flyweed I dont know where you aer located But in Aug. I went to my Mom and Dads in Indiana And we hit the Creek about 2 miles from the house got a 5 gal. bucket of mud bugs and got our grouve on .

Great post Cowgirl! Looks very tasty.

I am doing a boil in a few weeks. Do the lemons add much?

They don't look too spicy, what do you all add to the boil and in what order?

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky