Craisin stuffed Pork loin with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rare2medium

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
SouthEast PA
     Meat:    Pork loin (2.5 lb cut into a flat sheet)

Stuffing:   Craisins (dried cranberries), cherry preserves, sautéed celery & onion, bread crumbs

Prep:    Brine 3 hrs (2 cups water, 1/4 C brown sugar, 1/4 C kosher salt)                      

Wood:   Pittmasters Choice (cherry,hickory,maple) about 3+ hours

Smoker:    MES 30   (240F cooked until IT 160F, about 4.5 hours)

I love Craisins in salads and thought it might be a good idea to stuff a pork loin with them. This turned out really well, very moist and juicy.  Started off by cutting the loin into a flat sheet & brined it for 3 hours. Put on a layer of cherry preserves and Craisins.

Added a layer of stuffing (a mix of bread crumbs, salt, pepper, sage, sautéed celery & onion and more Craisins.

Wrapped it up, put on some of Jeff's BBQ rub, and put it in the smoker. I also decided to make two racks of baby back ribs. 

Finished product !! Dig in.

Thanks. It will be soon time to make another one, maybe next month. Giving some to my aunt after I told her about it and Tricia's mom is getting one of the rack of ribs!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky