Crab Ravioli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Last year we had a couple of great days on the Pacific Ocean going for Dungeness crab
DSCN0943.JPG

While making room in the freezer I found we still had five packs of vac-sealed crab meat that made the trip to AZ. Each pack contains the picked meat from one crab, usually about a half a pound. I took a couple of packs and a few large shrimp I boiled up, ravioli day!
DSCN1216.JPG

Got the crab and shrimp chopped up, then added about 3/4 cup ricotta cheese. Mixed it all up with a fork, kind of tiring, time for a beer
DSCN1218.JPG

Set up the KA with the pasta roller attachment for sheets of fresh semolina
DSCN1219.JPG

Started making one dozen after another, kind of pains taking work, God bless beer
DSCN0963.JPG
DSCN0964.JPG

Ended up with six dozen beautiful ravioli, half for dinner, half for the freezer
DSCN0965.JPG

Boiled up the fresh ravs for about four minutes, sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
DSCN1221.JPG

It's a real treat of a dinner, little parmesan cheese, glass of cab. Thanks for looking! RAY

Last year we had a couple of great days on the Pacific Ocean going for Dungeness crab
View attachment 409082
While making room in the freezer I found we still had five packs of vac-sealed crab meat that made the trip to AZ. Each pack contains the picked meat from one crab, usually about a half a pound. I took a couple of packs and a few large shrimp I boiled up, ravioli day!
View attachment 409083
Got the crab and shrimp chopped up, then added about 3/4 cup ricotta cheese. Mixed it all up with a fork, kind of tiring, time for a beer
View attachment 409084
Set up the KA with the pasta roller attachment for sheets of fresh semolina
View attachment 409085
Started making one dozen after another, kind of pains taking work, God bless beerView attachment 409086 View attachment 409087
Ended up with six dozen beautiful ravioli, half for dinner, half for the freezerView attachment 409088
Boiled up the fresh ravs for about four minutes, sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
View attachment 409089
It's a real treat of a dinner, little parmesan cheese, glass of cab. Thanks for looking! RAY

Wow that makes me jealous! Looks awesome! Like!

Reactions: sawhorseray
OMG, That's Freaking Awesome, Ray!!
I never had any such thing, but I know it has to be Unbelievable!!
Nice Job, with all the work & Beer Deletion!!
Like.

Bear

Wow, thanks for the "likes" fellas, I truly appreciate them. Dinner was absolutely wonderful, now the DW is saying I should make more ravs while the gear is still out for the family Christmas dinner, going to do a boneless rib roast on the SQ36. She always seems to be full of great ideas that involve work for me, funny how that happens. Making the sheets of semolina pasta was quite a bit different here in AZ, I had to do a lot of hand kneading to firm it up a bit, must be the climate. Italian sausage with spinach and ricotta ravioli is another huge favorite, and doesn't involve all the time we spent picking those crabs. I guess that's why I've never seen crab ravioli on a restaurant menu, not that I go out to eat much, it just wouldn't be cost effective. Now I see Sam's Club has beef short ribs going for $5.02 a pound, might do some shopping today! RAY

Great Googly Moogely Ray. I love Shrimp and crab and Ravioli but have never had all three together. I can only fantasize as to how good your creation must be.

I've never made Ravioli of any kind but your pictures are inspiring me to give it a try.

LIKE!!

Man that looks great, and beats the heck out of the Chef Boyardee I had a couple days ago.

Point for sure
Chris

WOW!
Big fan of Dungeness Crab. Lived in the Pacific North Wet (Seattle area) for over 16 years. Sure miss the crab and squid harvests. Shrimp season was severely limited by Judge Boldt decision of 1974, so I never bothered to go out for the 12 hours they opened to recreational.

Not a big fan of ravioli, but this might change my mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky