Crab Cakes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Crabbing has been pretty good,so Monday we went for a few hours.Picked up over 2 dozen took them home and cooked.Also we stopped for a Italian Sub.
Lunch
100_7286.JPG
Crab Cakes 1 pound Crab Meat picked (canned can be used)
100_7287.JPG
Wet Mix
Mayo,Egg,Ground Mustard,Worcestershire sauce,Hot Sauce,Lemon juice
100_7288.JPG
Crab Meat,Panko,Green Onions
100_7289.JPG
All Mixed
100_7292.JPG
Made 8 cakes
100_7294.JPG
Used the 22.5" Kettle started 3/4 of a chimney
100_7295.JPG
Into the Vortex
100_7296.JPG
Surrounded the vortex an kept rotating the lid
100_7297.JPG
Decided to sear the bottom a little more
100_7298.JPG
Dinner is Mac & Cheese (Kraft) Stuffed Pepper
Crab Cakes
100_7308.JPG
Thanks for looking
Richie

CRAB Cakes

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 pound crab meat, picked over (Canned can be used)
1 cup Panko
2 green onions
1/4 cup canola oil (if frying)
Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions
Step 1
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the egg, mustard,
Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce until smooth.
Step 2
In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat with the Panko crumbs.
Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Step 3
Scoop the crab mixture into eight 1/3-cup mounds,lightly pack into
8 patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick,place on non-stick Foil for Grilling
For frying
Heat the oil until shimmering.In a large skillet.
Add the crab cakes and cook over medium high heat until
deeply golden and heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.

Last edited:
That's a great looking meal there Richie!
I just love crab cakes & I bet they are really good when the crab is so fresh!!
Nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al

That's a great looking meal there Richie!
I just love crab cakes & I bet they are really good when the crab is so fresh!!
Nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al
Al Thank You I am going try to put the recipe in the post.Thanks for the ride on the Carousel & the Likes I appreciate it
Richie

Dang go ahead just rub it in crabbing here has been bad and you showing a great meal like that. :(
Neighbor did catch a few this past Saturday maybe its going to pick up for a nice fall run.
They caught a 8' bull shark near hooper's Island last week.

Warren

Those crab cakes look good, Richie!! You’re lucky to have access to fresh meat. That plate is pretty close to what my last meal would be.

I use a similar recipe. The only difference is using ritz crackers instead of panko crumbs.

I’ve tried white bread, saltines and regular breadcrumbs before and I liked the ritz better...I’m gonna try panko next time.

Richie, Great looking cakes, you are a lucky man to have access to fresh and free crabs ! like
CM Thank you I have been crabbing for 60 years an have no idea what canned crab taste like.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Dang go ahead just rub it in crabbing here has been bad and you showing a great meal like that. :(
Neighbor did catch a few this past Saturday maybe its going to pick up for a nice fall run.
They caught a 8' bull shark near hooper's Island last week.

Warren
Warren Monday was a little slow all the rain we have gotten.I hope the season goes long this year I want to freeze some of these for the winter.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie
Been seeing a lot of sharks inshore this year

Those crab cakes look good, Richie!! You’re lucky to have access to fresh meat. That plate is pretty close to what my last meal would be.

I use a similar recipe. The only difference is using ritz crackers instead of panko crumbs.

I’ve tried white bread, saltines and regular breadcrumbs before and I liked the ritz better...I’m gonna try panko next time.

"I’ve tried white bread, saltines and regular breadcrumbs" Same here yesterday was a first for me with the Panko Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Great looking crab cakes Richie, that plated pic looks nice on the Carousel.
The write up and pics with the recipe is wonderful, appreciate that.
Like!

Chile Thank you I know down in your area crabs are plentiful & cheap,up here to buy them decent crabs are $25.00 a doz. I rarely ever buy them.I think mud bugs would work with this recipe Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: Smkryng
Richie I've been on vacation in Georgia visiting my daughter the last week or so. I'm glad I didn't miss this one. Boy that looks really good. I haven't had a good crab cake since we traveled down to Delaware for my daughters little league softball regionals. We stopped somewhere on the way home and had a few.

Point for sure.

Chris

I love blue crabs anyway I can get 'em. They are extremely popular here on the gulf coast.

Lookin good Richie.
Kevin Thank you it has been awhile since I made them,been doing the stuffed crab shells Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Richie I've been on vacation in Georgia visiting my daughter the last week or so. I'm glad I didn't miss this one. Boy that looks really good. I haven't had a good crab cake since we traveled down to Delaware for my daughters little league softball regionals. We stopped somewhere on the way home and had a few.

Point for sure.

Chris
Chris we are watching the Little League World series.Haven't seen the softball being aired hope her team won.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Chris we are watching the Little League World series.Haven't seen the softball being aired hope her team won.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Sorry about that Richie, I should have been more clear. My daughter is 28 years old now. So I haven't had a good crab cake since about 1992. My brain is still fuzzy from the long drive.

Chris

Yes Yes Yes MMM.Never thought about a mudbug cake,I usually eat them steamed spiced or breaded/fried/poboy.
Nice work Richie!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky