CPB Picanha and sides

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I found a gem of a piece of meat in my freezer that was complimentary of a certain Texas CPB aficionado. Grilled whole CPB pichana steak , sharp cheddar zucchini casserole and my warm collard greens and cabbage slaw was today's menu. Pichana is simply seasoned with salt, pepper and rosemary and grilled on the Weber. I cooked indirect @ 400F to 120 and seared to 130F. Next to me I'll drop both 10. It is super tender and juicy. The casserole is a combo of yellow and green zucchini with a rich very sharp white cheddar sauce and topped with crushed parmesan crisps. Slaw is collard greens , red cabbage and bacon with a sweet and tangy apple cider vinegar based sauce. I've posted the slaw here https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/daughters-birthday-tri-tip-meal.298730/. I have been adding probably 4 time as the sweetener noted in that recipe. Really varies with the ACV, sweetener used and personal taste. I'll post the zucchini recipe tomorrow. It is very tasty. Going in the rotation for the rest of the summer.
PXL_20230707_213359312.jpg
PXL_20230707_213907610-02.jpeg
PXL_20230707_195106614-02.jpeg
PXL_20230707_175413822-02.jpeg
Thanks for looking!

Perfect-a-mundo Jeff. Each one is a work of art

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Looks fantastic, nice piece of work Jeff! RAY

Looks great jcam!

Perfect-a-mundo Jeff. Each one is a work of art

Point for sure
Chris

Another magazine worthy meal Jeff!
Everything looks amazing and perfect cook on the steak !

Keith

Everything looks great. I still gotta find me one of those Picanhas.
Thanks guys! All in all a great meal. I definitely will want to picanha more often

Reactions: smokin peachey
Nicely done. Looks so good. Guess we both had squash casserole on our mind. I would love to try that beef sometime but just get myself to spend the money.

Reactions: jcam222
Nicely done. Looks so good. Guess we both had squash casserole on our mind. I would love to try that beef sometime but just get myself to spend the money.
Or enter the throw-down!!!

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky