Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we aren't back in the Hoax time again.
While India searches High & Low for enough wood to keep the fires going to Burn their Covid Dead on piles in parking lots around the cities.

The close relatives of the Covid Dead know they died from Covid. Anything else is Fake News.

Bear

Tough to tell what the CDC is thinking. They just dropped the outdoor mask recommendation recently, which in my opinion they should have done about 9-12 months ago when it became crystal clear transmission outside wasn't a thing. Then conversely I think dropping the indoor recommendation yesterday might be too soon, though I am fully vaxxed and had COVID last year, so I am quite ready to be done with my mask.

Perhaps the intent is to offer a view of return to normalcy as incentive for some vaccine hesitant folks to take the plunge.

In any case, in the US we are now at a point where anyone who wants a vaccine can walk into a clinic and get one. At my neighborhood grocery store the pharmacy is taking walk-ins, you don't even need an appointment any longer. That is my threshold for a return to normalcy. It really isn't my business if people choose to vaccinate or not, but once anyone can get one we need to end public health accommodations for those who choose not to vaccinate; that decision is now at their risk.

Unless I'm not reading something correctly, yesterday's announcement is intended for fully vaxed people, and is based on the latest studies that not only show they have a higher resistance to the virus than previously expected.... but also have a lower chance than expected of being a carrier and spreading the virus. Basically this is the reward for the people that did follow the recommendations. Nothing has really changed for non-vaccinated people. And in fact it looks like the situation has the potential to get worse for them.

Where I see an issue is that non-vaccinated people might opt to not get vaccinated, and will probably stop masking and basically blend in with fully vaccinated people. But without those protections, this may lead to more infections in that particular peer group. I'm also wondering if businesses will change their masking policies because there is at least 50% of the population that has not been vaccinated.

Where I see an issue is that non-vaccinated people might opt to not get vaccinated, and will probably stop masking and basically blend in with fully vaccinated people. But without those protections, this may lead to more infections in that particular peer group. I'm also wondering if businesses will change their masking policies because there is at least 50% of the population that has not been vaccinated.

My thoughts exactly.

Unless I'm not reading something correctly, yesterday's announcement is intended for fully vaxed people, and is based on the latest studies that not only show they have a higher resistance to the virus than previously expected.... but also have a lower chance than expected of being a carrier and spreading the virus. Basically this is the reward for the people that did follow the recommendations. Nothing has really changed for non-vaccinated people. And in fact it looks like the situation has the potential to get worse for them.

I agree they will just blend in, I hope the stores stay with the mask requirement
Richie
Oh My Son and Grandson got their second shot yesterday, so we are all good now.

And that right there is exactly why I don't believe a word that the CDC say, how can things change so drastically overnight.... It's all a bunch of B.S. Sure people got sick and died but it was being so blown out of proportion to fit their agenda that people should hang for it. There are experts that have NOTHING to gain over this that say if fact that covid only killed 20% of what is being reported in the US and combined with the number of deaths due to other heath issues and season illnesses that covid was about as deadly as the season flu.

This is wrong. Completely off base. I had Covid and luckily recovered. Comparing it to the flu is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger to a perfectly cooked brisket. Yeah they both come from a cow but that's where it ends.

My feeling on this is I am fully vaxxed and will still take the proper precautions with masking and distancing. Fortunately I live where most people are vaccinated. For those who refuse the vaccine and think its no big deal, go for it. Every species has their Darwin award candidates and anyone who refuses to get vaccinated and discourages others deserves what ever happens. I had Covid early on and am lucky to be here. Many others have had it and aren't. They have left loved ones behind who are in pain from their loss. Many others who survived have long term health problems that have affected their quality of life. If someone feels that's its all a hoax they are lacking the personal experience of Covid and probably need some to understand it better.

The "breakthrough" cases i.e. N.Y. Yankees, one player on the Golden State Warriors and Bill Maher all took the J & J one shot vaccine which has a lower effectiveness. They still did not spread it as effectively and suffer serious illness as if they were unvaccinated. For those immunocompromised and children I really have concerns because of the hesitance of those who can and should be vaccinated. If and when there is a booster shot, you will find me on the front of the line. Having had Covid once I do not want a second bought of it.

Viruses mutate faster than most biological "life". It's worth noting that, even if you consider it an acceptable risk for you, if we don't eradicate this or get it under control soon, it could mutate into something far, far worse. The virus we're now battling has features that allow it to replicate very efficiently in humans, with the capability of throwing our immune systems totally out of whack to the point of death. Additionally, it has a long enough incubation period that ONE person can infect 100's of others before they even realize they're sick. These two features together are why folks who know a bit about bio warfare are concerned.

So whether one considers Covid a national disaster or a Strangelove hair-mussing, the fact is that the potential is there for something much worse. You can drive without a seat belt or toss your kids in the back of a pickup truck and the risks are apparent. Not so with a mutating virus.

I hope we're rounding the corner on this...it appears we are. We've dodged a bullet, but Mother Nature has given us a warning, and we ignore Her at our peril. Let's say a prayer of thanks but then commit to being smarter going forward. Scientists & engineers, not politicians & entertainers, are who we need to pay attention to.

I went to Lowe's and the grocery store today . Went early . At Lowe's I was the only customer with a mask on . At the grocery store , not many people shopping , but they all had masks on . My Son worked today and said when it picked up , no one was wearing a mask . All the workers still have to .
If it only affected the ones that don't want the shot , that's great . Wipe , I mean knock yourselves out .
Going to get way more interesting .
Companies are going to require the shot for employment . It's coming . Health care cost for someone that won't get the shot compared to someone fully vaxed ?
Who you going to hire , or who do you want to work with ?
I made a copy of the front and back of my card . Folded it over on itself and had my Daughter laminate it . I keep it in the truck and am proud to show it if needed .

This is wrong. Completely off base. I had Covid and luckily recovered. Comparing it to the flu is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger to a perfectly cooked brisket. Yeah they both come from a cow but that's where it ends.
My wife, mother, father, and at least 10 other people I know also had it. I had it worse than anyone that I know. And still have some lung issues but nothing life threatening.

I know covid is real, but in most cases it is nothing to worry about as long as you are a healthy person.

This has been more about control than anything else since day one.

Reactions: PPG1
My wife, mother, father, and at least 10 other people I know also had it. I had it worse than anyone that I know. And still have some lung issues but nothing life threatening.

I know covid is real, but in most cases it is nothing to worry about as long as you are a healthy person.

This has been more about control than anything else since day one.

You were lucky in that case. I disagree that it was more about control though. Lots of formerly healthy people are now dead or no longer healthy.

Post is getting out of hand again
Please if you do not want the shot stop trying to keep others from winning a war that is against all of us!!
I do not want to infringe on your rights But think about everyone not yourself
Thank You Richie

The only thing I've heard that associates Covid-19 with the FLU, is that they said most years over 200,000 Americans come down with the FLU, but this past year it was only about 3,000, due to the Masking, Social Distancing, and washing hands to avoid Covid. Too bad it didn't work quite as good with Covid.

Bear

Oregon in step with the CDC dropped the mask requirement for fully vaxxed people yesterday. Now the discussion is, "How do we know who's fully vaxxed?"
The head of the Oregon health dept said that vaxxed people can voluntarily share their vax status upon entering a store, and it wouldn't be a HIPAA violation
because they're doing it voluntarily. That said it'd just be a headache for the store checking vax cards as people come in and there's nothing stopping those without
them from removing their masks once they're inside. Plus I think there'd be a fuss from employees that feel like they'd be less protected. I don't see much changing ex-
cept maybe with the possibility of some restaurants and small business's that don't have as much traffic as Walmart, Safeway etc.

eta And 15 minutes after I post that I read that Walmart dropped their mask requirement....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearcarver
The only thing I've heard that associates Covid-19 with the FLU, is that they said most years over 200,000 Americans come down with the FLU, but this past year it was only about 3,000, due to the Masking, Social Distancing, and washing hands to avoid Covid. Too bad it didn't work quite as good with Covid.

Bear
Yes, I can attest to this. I have not even had a sore throat or the sniffles in 15 months..... or other cold and flu symptoms.

Yes, I can attest to this. I have not even had a sore throat or the sniffles in 15 months..... or other cold and flu symptoms.
I may have said a few months ago, but I usually get real bad colds with congestion 2-3 times every year like clockwork. I've only had this 1 time in the last 18 months. I got a Flu shot in November 2019, first one in 20 years. Then Covid hits in March, etc. The 1 time being sick was this March, early in the month. I thought for sure I had Covid, but I got 2 tests, and both negative. Doctor treated me for a cold, better in 4 days.

...I have not even had a sore throat or the sniffles in 15 months..... or other cold and flu symptoms.
Humans are supposed to be intelligent and adaptable. So let's learn from our little skirmish with this virus. A little social distancing isn't a bad idea. When in crowded subways, a mask may not be a bad idea. A little more intelligence in how we ventilate public buildings, and the filtration we use in doing it, isn't a bad idea--conserving energy is important, but it's not the only important thing...so is public health. And the new technologies that went into developing the vaccines...well they include a lot of new and good ideas. We'd be wise to ALL expect regular vaccination with state-of-the-art products to be as important to good health as nutrition and exercise.

Let's make our grandkids and their grandkids proud of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky