Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 2nd poke today, Pfizer. The 1st I had to stand in line for over 2 and a half hours. They opened it up to another group today, so I expected the same or worse. I walked right in today, got jabbed, waited 15 minutes to be sure I wasn't gonna foam at the mouth and bite people, and I was done. Maybe 20 minutes in all! EMT told me that it was crazy busy yesterday, so they brought in extra help today to keep up with the new group coming in. It's the nicest day of the year so far today almost 70* so that may have had something to do with it too.

That's Great !!!
A Beautiful Day, and you got your 2nd Shot!!! Awesome!!
We had our second Moderna shots on Monday, and the pain in the shoulder was terrible. This morning is the first time it's less pain than the day before, so it must be leaving. The first shot stopped hurting at 4 days, but it wasn't near as bad as this one has been.
Today's the Third day, so we should be good to go by tomorrow.

Bear

Today marks 2-weeks since shot #2, no side effects what so ever other than slightly drowsy on the day of each shot. WY has now opened up for anyone 16 and older. We even have a new walk-in clinic at the Mall, and in an effort to get as many shots in arms as fast as possible and at some locations.... it sounds like you can even pick your vaccine brand if you want. Apparently, the 6-month timeline for the "emergency use authorization" is coming to an end for Pfizer and the FDA is close to issuing "full FDA biologics licenses", meaning "full approval" like they normally issue for every drug in the US. Moderna and J&J are close behind for their full approval. From a quick look news summary of this morning:

The basics of the Pfizer study: Six months after getting a second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as part of a 46,000-person clinical trial, volunteers remained more than 90% protected against symptomatic COVID-19 and even better protected against severe disease, a new company study found. The study also showed that the vaccine is effective against a virus variant called B.1.351, first identified in South Africa.

Now for the big question.... what will we learn in the next 6-months? Like will we need a round of booster shots this winter, or will out bodies build up enough antibodies to last a year or longer?

Received my J&J jab on Tuesday. Called a local Pharmacy here in SC on Monday and they said they where giving them out Tuesday between 12:00 and 4:00. Got there at 11:00 and was the first in line. Took a total of 6 min plus the 15 min wait. Never felt it and forgot all about later that day.

Now for the big question.... what will we learn in the next 6-months? Like will we need a round of booster shots this winter, or will out bodies build up enough antibodies to last a year or longer?

Or will I become a Zombie? ya not!
Seriously tho,,,
There may be a booster shot or not, who knows at this point. Stats with time will let us know. jmo

Just a suggestion,,,,So just in case any of us need to prove to our local authorities or whoever that we have been vaccinated, I would make a copy of your proof of vaccinated card. Keep the copy in your wallet/purse and the original in your medical files at home. Just in case.....

Just a suggestion,,,,So just in case any of us need to prove to our local authorities or whoever that we have been vaccinated, I would make a copy of your proof of vaccinated card. Keep the copy in your wallet/purse and the original in your medical files at home. Just in case.....
Also take a pic with your cel phone

Also take a pic with your cel phone

Good ideas for those who want one, guys, but I'm dead set against Vaccine Passports. Sorry, just me saying.
Gary

• Love
Reactions: PPG1 and TNJAKE
Got my first Pfizer dose two weeks ago, only side effect was tenderness right where they stuck the needle. Got it in the morning and forgot about it after about 8 hours. My brother got Moderna and was pretty sick for about 24 hours, fever headache chills body ache sore throat, but he gets sick more often and usually has worse reactions to meds and vaccines of all kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky