Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got voluntold I was taking mine as a post deployment “welcome home gift”. Got it last weekend. I think they gave me Maderna. No reactions so far. Also, qualified as a Marksman with oak leaf clusters.

Welcome Dan---"Chonestahn" sounds Pretty much Pennsylvania Dutch!!:emoji_sunglasses: Same Here!! How did you get Drafted into the Air Force? I have a Buddy who got drafted into the Marines, but you're the first Air Force Draftee I've heard of.
Congrats on the Vaccine Too!

Bear

Last edited:
Wife got her second shot yesterday, must have been a trainee that stuck her and said oh it didn't go in. So the one that was with her had to stick her. Her arm is bruised & she had chills an a Headache last night.
Richie

Sorry to hear that Richie!!
My DIL had a Fever & Headache the next day after her 2nd shot. It only lasted 24 hours---Hope your Wife's is no longer!!

Bear

Thanks guys she just feels a little tired today.
R
Why the delay, Richie?
Hope your missus is feeling better.
Gary
Gary I believe they are not getting the doses they expected or just more Vets are signing up instead of going threw the state. Wife is feeling a little better
Richie

Well looks like our 2nd round will be delayed. I started with symptoms( fever, sore throat..) Fri afternoon and the wifey started Sat. We both got the rapid test this am with 2 positive results.
I'm ok today but she's got a low grade fever , cough and a terrible headache. But we're in it to beat it !

OK Guys, Me and Mrs Bear got our second doses of Moderna 2 hours ago.
Mine hurt a little, but I think I might have had my arm in a position that made my shoulder muscle flex. She had to reach across my body to get to the left shoulder, & I might have helped her a little. Nothing hurts at all now, but I'm having a little trouble keeping my eyes open, which might have nothing to do with the shot.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the bad time, so I'll let you know. Maybe nothing at all.
I'll just be glad, in 2 weeks it will be safe for me to go to my Foot Dr---My Army calluses have been Throbbing for months.

Bear

The wife and I received our second shot 3 weeks ago. The next day my wife had the chills and was tired. I felt great until early afternoon and then started to feel a little off (kind of like taking medicine that makes you feel a little weird) and had minor chills for a couple of hours. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst, I would give the severity a 1.

Same here, my lungs are shot from 35 yrs of drilling and shooting in overhead concrete anchors along with breathing in Asbestos, Monocoat dust, Formaldehyde treated insulation, Acid flux, CPVC glues and Concrete sawing and Jackhammering dust. But I'm still not getting the shots, I've had horrible reactions to the flu shots and other vaccines that hospitalized me for a week to 10 days. And I've had C-19 once for sure possibly twice/ didn't get tested the second time I isolated 17 days both times. And to be honest with you, I trust my family that are Drs and RN's that specialize in the pulmonary field in trauma care and pulmonary after care they treat C-19 6-7 days a week. I trust them 100,000X more than I trust Uncle Sammy and his bought and paid for fast tracked vaccines.
What! No one spraying lacquer for you to take in, Man, ta missed the really good stuff! :emoji_blush:

Got the Moderna back in Jan, then the second in Feb. Florida is really on top of this. No side effects here either.
Al
Momma was the same here finishing in early Feb. I had Pfizer in Feb.
From what I've heard the sore arm is happening more than not in both Moderna and Pfizer guess I was just lucky with no side effects either time
You and me both Piney!
OK Guys, Me and Mrs Bear got our second doses of Moderna 2 hours ago.
Mine hurt a little, but I think I might have had my arm in a position that made my shoulder muscle flex. She had to reach across my body to get to the left shoulder, & I might have helped her a little. Nothing hurts at all now, but I'm having a little trouble keeping my eyes open, which might have nothing to do with the shot.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the bad time, so I'll let you know. Maybe nothing at all.
I'll just be glad, in 2 weeks it will be safe for me to go to my Foot Dr---My Army calluses have been Throbbing for months.

Bear
Woo HOO!

So very glad most all of you good Chefs on this site are getting their shots and coming through mostly unscathed!

I have lost my next door neighbor to this along with 3 class mates. 2 other associates were hospitalized one for 2 1/2 months the other was over a month and a half.

So Far So Good, Guys!!!
One episode---Woke up at 2 AM shoulder hurting quite a bit. Must have been laying on my Left side, which is rare, because I have trouble breathing unless I'm on my right side. Pain was gone at 4 AM on a Prostate Run. LOL
Both of us are feeling pretty good so far.

Bear

Welcome Dan---"Chonestahn" sounds Pretty much Pennsylvania Dutch!!:emoji_sunglasses: Same Here!! How did you get Drafted into the Air Force? I have a Buddy who got drafted into the Marines, but you're the first Air Force Draftee I've heard of.
Congrats on the Vaccine Too! (I qualified Expert on M14 and M16)

Bear
Nope, I volunteered. I don’t know where the drafted thing came from. I wanted to be a door gunner in the army and after scoring highly on the entrance exams I thought it was a guarantee! Nope, the army told be EOD, medic or cook so I walked into the Air Firfe office and gave him all my paperwork the army did for him, abs told him the job I wanted and off to basic I went

So Far So Good, Guys!!!
One episode---Woke up at 2 AM shoulder hurting quite a bit. Must have been laying on my Left side, which is rare, because I have trouble breathing unless I'm on my right side. Pain was gone at 4 AM on a Prostate Run. LOL

Bear
John that is good wife is better today
Richie
I am glad they put mine off for 3 days, I do a lot of my Easter cooking on Sat.
Ham is in the smoker now

So Far So Good, Guys!!!

Bear

Great news John!!
The first night after getting my Moderna, I rolled over onto the left arm. I'm here to tell you THAT woke me up in a hurry. LOL.
Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
John that is good wife is better today
Richie
I am glad they put mine off for 3 days, I do a lot of my Easter cooking on Sat.
Ham is in the smoker now
Sure glad to hear she's feeling better today, Richie.
The timing worked out perfectly for you. And only a 3 day delay in the shot. 😊
Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
Got my first shot of Moderna today. A little soreness where they poked me but otherwise nothing for side effects so far. Had my daughter in for a check up a week or so ago and while I was there I asked about getting the vaccine and they put me on a wait list. After hearing nothing I called yesterday and got an appointment for today. Wisconsin's opening it up to everyone 16+ April 5.

Got my first shot of Moderna today. A little soreness where they poked me but otherwise nothing for side effects so far. Had my daughter in for a check up a week or so ago and while I was there I asked about getting the vaccine and they put me on a wait list. After hearing nothing I called yesterday and got an appointment for today. Wisconsin's opening it up to everyone 16+ April 5.
Good for u now get the rest of the family done
Richie

Good deal . Mines on Saturday . I can't wait .

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky