Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies pineywoods pineywoods you are correct about certain people who make too much money Not qualifying unless they have a service connected disability. There is a push in congress to hopefully change that this year though it seems.

Great, now all they have to do is get a VA Hospital "Not so far away from my home".

Bear

Last edited:
Finally got my first shot!! Moderna. It was the best shot I've ever received--I HATE needles--just felt like a pin prick. Now, 18 hours later, the only side effects I have is a slight swelling at the injection site, and a bit of pain/stiffness in the arm. I worked the arm quite a bit after the shot and that seemed to help a lot. Can't tell if there's any inflamation since the shot went right through one of my tattoos. LOL.
No idea when I'll get the 2nd shot--our great Prime Minister has been just a tad useless in lining up vaccines. :emoji_wink::emoji_wink::emoji_wink: As a result of that, Canada is real short. Hopefully Miss Linda will get her first shot in a couple of weeks.
Gary

Finally got my first shot!! Moderna. It was the best shot I've ever received--I HATE needles--just felt like a pin prick. Now, 18 hours later, the only side effects I have is a slight swelling at the injection site, and a bit of pain/stiffness in the arm. I worked the arm quite a bit after the shot and that seemed to help a lot. Can't tell if there's any inflamation since the shot went right through one of my tattoos. LOL.
No idea when I'll get the 2nd shot--our great Prime Minister has been just a tad useless in lining up vaccines. :emoji_wink::emoji_wink::emoji_wink: As a result of that, Canada is real short. Hopefully Miss Linda will get her first shot in a couple of weeks.
Gary
Our paperwork gave us a date of July 7 for a second shot, about 4 months between shots. Disappointing, but when you rely on other countries for vaccine supply...

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Gary

Congrats Gary!!
Hope Your Miss Linda gets her's soon too!
They asked me Which arm? I said Left arm---Don't mess up my artwork on my Right Arm!!

Our second one is coming up Monday.

Bear

Congrats Gary!!
Hope Your Miss Linda gets her's soon too!
They asked me Which arm? I said Left arm---Don't mess up my artwork on my Right Arm!!

Our second one is coming up Monday.

Bear
Ha!! Wouldn't have mattered which arm they picked.
Glad you and your Miss Linda are getting your 2nd shots soon.
Gary

Mrs Bear & I will get our 2nd Moderna shots tomorrow.

Last week Bear Jr's wife Bethany got her second Pfizer shot, and she had a headache & a fever the whole next day.
So day before yesterday Bear Jr got his second Moderna shot, and he didn't have any side effects. He laughed and told me They must have given Him the Placebo.:emoji_laughing:

Bear

I got voluntold I was taking mine as a post deployment “welcome home gift”. Got it last weekend. I think they gave me Maderna. No reactions so far. Also, qualified as a Marksman with oak leaf clusters.
Thank you for your service I was drafted also. My second shot has been delayed 3 days.
Welcome to SMF
Richie

• Sad
Reactions: GaryHibbert
FYI, Dallas is accepting all comers on it's registration list if you are even remotely near with the info you register with. The lead time seems to be register and about 7-9 days later you are getting contacted about an appointment within 2-4 days from when they contact you. You just pick your available time slot and they route you to a mass vaccination spot!

I decided to register 2 weeks ago thinking I wouldn't get prioritized until like June or July then lo and behold not the Saturday before this last one I got my #1 of 2 Moderna shot. I was shocked at how quick they got me in. My brother had the same situation.

I am borderline hypertension and I GUESS that was enough to get in but I really feel like there may be enough vaccine for everyone who is willing and able to get one.

So long story short. If you live anywhere remotely near the DFW area get on the Dallas COVID website and register and I bet your name gets called within a week or 2 :)

I hope this helps folks in the North Texas area if you were looking to get a shot but didn't know how to go about it :)

Wife got her second shot yesterday, must have been a trainee that stuck her and said oh it didn't go in. So the one that was with her had to stick her. Her arm is bruised & she had chills an a Headache last night.
Richie

Wife got her second shot yesterday, must have been a trainee that stuck her and said oh it didn't go in. So the one that was with her had to stick her. Her arm is bruised & she had chills an a Headache last night.
Richie
Probably will be worse today, and fine tomorrow. That has been our experiences. First time just tired and a minor headache for a day. Second time added nausea to wife, ... added alternating flushes and chills, and minor GI upset to me. Both good the third day.
Your wife may have a crummy day today, but hope she doing well tomorrow (or sooner!)

Reactions: tropics
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky