Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My second shot was delayed till April 6th, the VA is running a little short on vaccine
Richie

• Sad
Reactions: GaryHibbert
My second shot was delayed till April 6th, the VA is running a little short on vaccine
Richie

No problem Richie---That's only about 3 days longer, right?
From what I heard it doesn't hurt to even be weeks late, but they still try to keep it at the set times.

Bear

No problem Richie---That's only about 3 days longer, right?
From what I heard it doesn't hurt to even be weeks late, but they still try to keep it at the set times.

Bear
Yes That is what I have heard and they even said that when they called.
Richie

The state of Georgia said today that they are opening up to anyone over 16 on Thursday no restrictions

Reactions: GaryHibbert
26 hours after the second Pfizer shot I feel pretty good. Very minor issues. Very little injection site arm pain. All that's a HUGE change from 24 hours after the first shot, and confirms to me we had undiagnosed covid early last year. My wife is still waiting on an appointment for her first shot.

Got a call from pharmacy today. They had a cancellation and wondered if I was available. Said I would be to town in 1/2 hr. Moderna shot. Was chatting with him and said wife was signed up there also. He asked if she would be available as they had another cancel so I call to see if she had time before her work appt. Got hers done today also.

26 hours after the second Pfizer shot I feel pretty good. Very minor issues. Very little injection site arm pain. All that's a HUGE change from 24 hours after the first shot, and confirms to me we had undiagnosed covid early last year. My wife is still waiting on an appointment for her first shot.

That's good to hear. For me it was about 24 hours after my first shot that I started feeling crappy so hope it all continues to go well for you. This also corresponds with what my friend who works in clinical research says about the immune response and need for the second shot for those already infected.

Reactions: MJB05615
Got a call from pharmacy today. They had a cancellation and wondered if I was available. Said I would be to town in 1/2 hr. Moderna shot. Was chatting with him and said wife was signed up there also. He asked if she would be available as they had another cancel so I call to see if she had time before her work appt. Got hers done today also.

Congrats. Welcome to the other side.

Reactions: Winterrider
One interesting response to both the first and second shots was increased hunger for stuff I normally don't eat, like sweets. A pan of brownies is cooling as I type, and I'm concocting a thick chocolate-ganache type frosting to mimic something we had recently. I did feel a body temp spike followed eating for a few days after the first shot. Same so far for the second. If I start craving brains and non-animal body parts...I'll know the zombie apocalypse has begun.

Last edited:
My son got his first shot yesterday . Really sore at the injection site . Can't even raise his arm . He's a grocery clerk . Been face to face with this since last January. Wouldn't surprise me if he had it already .

From what I've heard the sore arm is happening more than not in both Moderna and Pfizer guess I was just lucky with no side effects either time

Unlike when I got the Shingrix shots I made a point to work my arm a bit on the drive home after the Covid vax. It was still a little sore but
nothing like the Shingrix jabs. I couldn't raise my arm for 18-20 hrs after those.

Unlike when I got the Shingrix shots I made a point to work my arm a bit on the drive home after the Covid vax. It was still a little sore but
nothing like the Shingrix jabs. I couldn't raise my arm for 18-20 hrs after those.
This shot is a walk in the park compared to the shingles shot. My physician had told me that the shingles shot hurt like crazy when he got it. I thought, you whimp. After about 12 hrs, I was calling myself a whimp. Hurt like hell. Oh well, that's done about a year ago.
My neighbor, good friend is a Dr. and he said to work your arm after the shot. Won't have near the soreness. Mine feels good today.

One interesting response to both the first and second shots was increased hunger for stuff I normally don't eat, like sweets. A pan of brownies is cooling as I type, and I'm concocting a thick chocolate-ganash type frosting to mimic something we had recently. I did feel a body temp spike followed eating for a few days after the first shot. Same so far for the second. If I start craving brains and non-animal body parts...I'll know the zombie apocalypse has begun.

No sweets here, and I haven't had Cow Brains for about 60 years.
However after my first shot I had this intense craving for Smoked Meat!!
Oh, wait a minute---Never Mind...................

Bear

New development in the VA world. New law passed today. Veterans and their spouse of any age can recieve the vaccine at their local VA. They also opened it up to veterans not eligible for VA healthcare. I assume those are veterans that recieved discharges that were other than honorable

New development in the VA world. New law passed today. Veterans and their spouse of any age can recieve the vaccine at their local VA. They also opened it up to veterans not eligible for VA healthcare. I assume those are veterans that recieved discharges that were other than honorable

Not eligible for VA healthcare can be "makes to much money" unless service related disability or retired from service it's income related

Not eligible for VA healthcare can be "makes to much money" unless service related disability or retired from service it's income related
That's not true. Every honorably discharged veteran is eligible for VA healthcare. Although if less than 70% disabled they may be required to pay a copay based on a sliding scale. Everything above 70% is covered in full. No matter what a small copay is the most you'll pay even if you are a bazillionaire. VA healthcare isn't charity it's a benefit. For everyone who served honorably regardless of their means

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615
This is correct I took a friend up to sign up and he was told he made to much money.
Richie

Reactions: TNJAKE
My apologies pineywoods pineywoods you are correct about certain people who make too much money Not qualifying unless they have a service connected disability. There is a push in congress to hopefully change that this year though it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky