Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm grabbing the first one they offer me , as fast as I can .

To me, your approach is, far and away, the best to take, Take whichever vaccine you are offered as soon as you can get it.

This is still a global health crisis and now's not the time to take the luxury of debating the varioua merits and demerits of the 3 current vaccines that have been proven as effective and approved for use by the CDC and FDA.

My son has been teaching PE/health in person since the beginning of school year. Shot is a little late for him as recent blood work showed he already had Covid.
Glad your going to get it .
School teacher daughter , Grocery clerk son . Both still live with me .
Daughter has been in person as well , and my Son has been face to face with it since last January .
Wouldn't be surprised to find out we have all had it .

To me, your approach is, far and away, the best to take, Take whichever vaccine you are offered as soon as you can get it.

This is still a global health crisis and now's not the time to take the luxury of debating the varioua merits and demerits of the 3 current vaccines that have been proven as effective and approved for use by the CDC and FDA.
I agree 100% I went thru the VA, I just got into the Ma. VA Health system last week. Only made one call and was scheduled for both my shots
Richie

t have been proven as effective and approved for use by the CDC and FDA.
Yes sir . 30 years on a commercial construction site . Breathing concrete dust , fiberglass insulation and fire rated drywall dust . I have a hard time breathing on a good day .
I'm at the end of the list though . I can wait .

• Sad
Reactions: forktender
Wife booked me an appointment for April 12, dealers choice when you get there on what shot you get. NH finally made teachers a priority for the shot after giving ski instructors first priority as soon as it was released...won't go there politically. My son has been teaching PE/health in person since the beginning of school year. Shot is a little late for him as recent blood work showed he already had Covid.

Not true. People can and have caught it again. I caught it a year ago and figuring my immunity is probably gone. I will get it as soon as I can.

Glad your going to get it .
School teacher daughter , Grocery clerk son . Both still live with me .
Daughter has been in person as well , and my Son has been face to face with it since last January .
Wouldn't be surprised to find out we have all had it .
Yeah my daughter is a freshman (are we allowed to say that or is it freshperson...lol) at East Carolina Univ and they shut down the campus 19 days into the first semester and gave us 3 days to get her out. I jumped on a plane, rented a minivan and spent 10 hours in the car with her coming home. She tested positive 3 days later, I never got it as far as I know.

Hoping she's ok . Assuming so .
Way back last year when it was just showing up in China , my daughter was sick . Bad cough , tired and aches . Went to the Doctor they told her it was some type of virus , but wasn't the flu . It would have to run it's course . She was like that for a good couple months . Not saying that's what it was , and they weren't testing for it then , or even worried about it .
So who knows . With every shot given / taken I know we're closer to a solution .

she barely had any symptoms, lost taste/smell for couple days. My FIL had it in early January when this mess was not heard of. He was having some trouble breathing but though it was from a fall. Dr. also told him it could have been from a virus, antibody tests 6 months later confirmed covid.

I can book for my first shot this week. Probably
Moderna or Pfizer--thats what they're giving us old relics. Miss Linda being quite a bit younger will be getting the British one soon after me.
We both agreed that we'll just take whatever is offered unless its the one from China. Neither of us will take that one.
Gary

Yeah my daughter is a freshman (are we allowed to say that or is it freshperson...lol) at East Carolina Univ and they shut down the campus 19 days into the first semester and gave us 3 days to get her out. I jumped on a plane, rented a minivan and spent 10 hours in the car with her coming home. She tested positive 3 days later, I never got it as far as I know.
Not far from ECU ... LMK if anything we can do/help down the road.

Once you dig & scratch for months to get a vaccination, especially with my long list of Comorbidities, any of those top 3 will do.
However if I had a choice, I would have taken the Pfizer, but only because that's what the Drs & Nurses around my neck of the woods got. And I figure if they're happy with it, I should be too. Nevertheless I got Moderna, and I'm still happy---Finally!!

Bear

If it makes you feel any better most of the Drs and Nurses around here got the Moderna that's what they had the most of in the beginning here.

Will be 60 in a few months. Our state is still 65 and older. I am gonna sign up anyhow. Haven't heard of them having to toss any doses but if they need to, they can toss one in my arm. I'm not brand specific.

Thank you! we sent her back for the second semester in an off campus apartment. Even though they are still all virtual, she did not do well being home online...too much like High School 2.0!

Also have to ask, what BBQ place do you like in the area? We went to Parker's and were thoroughly disappointed. Sam Jones was not bad, actually pretty good.

I posted earlier that I was going to try and get the J&J but reading the stats I think I'll just hit my original app and get either the Phizer
or Moderna. I had a case of the flu in '95 that almost killed me when I was healthy. 25+ yrs later and COPD I'll go with the best odds I
can get.

If it makes you feel any better most of the Drs and Nurses around here got the Moderna that's what they had the most of in the beginning here.

LOL---Thanks Piney!!
Like I said, any of the top 3 would be fine with me, but I do actually like hearing that.
We got a mix around here:
Me ----Moderna
Mrs Bear---Moderna
Bear Jr---Moderna
Jr's Wife---Pfizer
My Nurse Sister & Hubby----Pfizer
My Teacher Niece & Hubby---Moderna
Mrs Bear's Sister----Pfizer

Bear

I still on the outside looking in for the vaccine. I think VT is at age 65 currently - so I should be in the next group or so. From what I've read, and if I had a choice. I think I would go for the JJ vaccine. Supposedly it protects better against the newer strains.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
I got both over a month ago due to working in the COVID testing lab. Moderna.

Wife got her first Moderna Monday and is schedule for #2 in 3 weeks or so. Had to drive 40 miles to get it which is strange. scheduling in Utah has not been easy.

Zero side effects at our house.

Utah is talking about dropping all restrictions 4.1.21. Which I think most states should do. Seems there are enough people who dont want one or are hesitant. which if true - let everyone else who wants to be vaxed get vaxed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky