Covid booster shot problems,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vaccination status is nobody's business so I'm not here for that. I will say NOBODY should be faced with losing their job because of what they personally decided. It's not American

Americcccaaaa!

You don’t actually believe what you said, do you lol? Employers have always had the right to require things (CDL, drug tests, etc.) After all, they are the ones who are paying you and helping you make a living. Find a job that doesn’t require it. If I’m an employer and you’re not smart enough to understand science to get this vaccine, I don’t want you in my company to begin with.

Americcccaaaa!

You don’t actually believe what you said, do you lol? Employers have always had the right to require things (CDL, drug tests, etc.) After all, they are the ones who are paying you and helping you make a living. Find a job that doesn’t require it. If I’m an employer and you’re not smart enough to understand science to get this vaccine, I don’t want you in my company to begin with.

I agree that companies can do what they want but following the science is the furthest thing from what they are doing, the company I work for hasn’t mandated it yet but are discussing it as a “workplace safety issue to stop the spread, FACT it doesn’t stop the spread. Since you mentioned not understanding science you might want to bone up on the studies that have been done about those of us who have already had COVID and please explain why we should get this “vaccine”

Americcccaaaa!

Your argument is commercial drivers licenses and drug tests? Lmao. Yes I believe what I said!

This thread might jump off the rails soon.

Ok, here's where I'm coming from, I know a family that just lost the father the day after his booster shot he had a heart attack and died. Not too strange, right? One week later his son had the booster shot, 3 days later he had a heart attack and died at the age of 43 yrs old, he was in great shape with no known health problems.

I have also lost friends to C19, three to be exact, two had both injections months prior and the third refused the shots. So there is no rhyme or reason to this Kung Flu crap. I didn't want to start a pissing match, I was just curious what others have noticed and if they have personally had any concern/ difficulty with the booster shot. I'm just trying to make sense out of a good friends death, I guess, I'm pissed about it still.

Fork- I'm sorry that you've experienced these losses. I'm sure it's a really tough thing to go through, so my condolences to you, your friends, and all the families involved. When things like this happen, we as humans try to make connections to recent events, but our brains and our ability to evaluate risks are bad at this. The likelihood is that even without the boosters, the heart attacks still would have occurred. Someone can look in peak physical condition and have a heart attack; so many things contribute- genetics, diet, etc.

Paul Offit, one of the leading voices on childhood vaccinations, wrote in one of his books (Autism's False Prophets)

"My wife is a privately practicing pediatrician in the suburbs. And she was in the office one day and there was a four-month-old sitting on her mother’s lap. And my wife was drawing a vaccine into a syringe that she was about to give this child. Well, while she was drawing the vaccine into a syringe the child had a seizure, and actually went on to have a permanent seizure disorder—epilepsy. And there had been a family history of epilepsy, so she was certainly at risk for that. If my wife had given that vaccine five minutes earlier, I think there’s no amount of statistical data in the world that would have convinced that mother that anything other than the vaccine caused the seizure, because I think those sort of emotional events are very hard to argue against."

Because one event precedes another, we tend to look at those events as big contributors when usually they are not. But I admit it's really difficult to separate these things in our brains.

I agree that companies can do what they want but following the science is the furthest thing from what they are doing, the company I work for hasn’t mandated it yet but are discussing it as a “workplace safety issue to stop the spread, FACT it doesn’t stop the spread. Since you mentioned not understanding science you might want to bone up on the studies that have been done about those of us who have already had COVID and please explain why we should get this “vaccine”

There are enormous amounts of data that show immunity from vaccines does indeed impact infection and transmission of the virus, and much better than immunity from being infected by the virus. This is why even after infection, people are encouraged to get the vaccine. From a recent study:

" Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99)." (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm?s_cid=mm7044e1_w#contribAff)

In other words, being vaccinated is more protective than getting infected.

I completely understand vaccine hesitancy and having questions about vaccines, their safety etc. I teach a course in this very area! However, data is data and the science is real here- vaccines work and are effective.

Signed, Your Friendly Neighborhood Immunologist.

Sad thing about the vaccine mandate is that yesterday's heroes who don't want the shot are today's villains.

Yet, rapists, murderers, arsonists, drug dealers, thugs, robbers, gangbangers and so many others are watching cable tv, getting 3 meals a day, taking college classes while imprisoned, but their personal choice matters.

Anyone besides me see this a problem?
And a lot of these are not in prison, they are still out peacefully protesting😉

I will admit that all of this BS has successfully divided this country. it is sad that we allowed politicians and the media to blow this thing so far out of proportion that it is literally part of every conversation that lasts more than 2 min.
Exactly.

I completely understand vaccine hesitancy and having questions about vaccines, their safety etc. I teach a course in this very area! However, data is data and the science is real here- vaccines work and are effective.
yup, I working in hospitals and laboratories my entire career. You speak the truth.

Reactions: JCAP and Bearcarver
This thread might jump off the rails soon.

Fork- I'm sorry that you've experienced these losses. I'm sure it's a really tough thing to go through, so my condolences to you, your friends, and all the families involved. When things like this happen, we as humans try to make connections to recent events, but our brains and our ability to evaluate risks are bad at this. The likelihood is that even without the boosters, the heart attacks still would have occurred. Someone can look in peak physical condition and have a heart attack; so many things contribute- genetics, diet, etc.

Paul Offit, one of the leading voices on childhood vaccinations, wrote in one of his books (Autism's False Prophets)

"My wife is a privately practicing pediatrician in the suburbs. And she was in the office one day and there was a four-month-old sitting on her mother’s lap. And my wife was drawing a vaccine into a syringe that she was about to give this child. Well, while she was drawing the vaccine into a syringe the child had a seizure, and actually went on to have a permanent seizure disorder—epilepsy. And there had been a family history of epilepsy, so she was certainly at risk for that. If my wife had given that vaccine five minutes earlier, I think there’s no amount of statistical data in the world that would have convinced that mother that anything other than the vaccine caused the seizure, because I think those sort of emotional events are very hard to argue against."

Because one event precedes another, we tend to look at those events as big contributors when usually they are not. But I admit it's really difficult to separate these things in our brains.

There are enormous amounts of data that show immunity from vaccines does indeed impact infection and transmission of the virus, and much better than immunity from being infected by the virus. This is why even after infection, people are encouraged to get the vaccine. From a recent study:

" Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99)." (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm?s_cid=mm7044e1_w#contribAff)

In other words, being vaccinated is more protective than getting infected.

Signed, Your Friendly Neighborhood Immunologist.
Sine this shot does not give immunity, then why are you touting it as effective compared to vaccines throughout the decades that have given acquired immunity?

This shot only supposedly lessens the symptoms, a la the flu shot. Why should it be mandated upon the public? maybe you should read the 5th Circuit Court opinion on what this does for safety in the workplace and how it is literally a "work around" that is being used because it isn't legal for the Feds to mandate such a thing.

No offense, but if science can't be questioned, then what is the point of continued experimentation? At one point in time, leeching was "The Science".

Ok, here's where I'm coming from, I know a family that just lost the father the day after his booster shot he had a heart attack and died. Not too strange, right? One week later his son had the booster shot, 3 days later he had a heart attack and died at the age of 43 yrs old, he was in great shape with no known health problems.

I have also lost friends to C19, three to be exact, two had both injections months prior and the third refused the shots. So there is no rhyme or reason to this Kung Flu crap. I didn't want to start a pissing match, I was just curious what others have noticed and if they have personally had any concern/ difficulty with the booster shot. I'm just trying to make sense out of a good friends death, I guess, I'm pissed about it still.
Very sorry to hear of these tragic losses. My condolences. I agree with the thoughts JCAP JCAP added above. Hang in there Dan, these are tough times in so many ways. I look forward to the day COVID is not all over news, politics, and conversations.

Take care my friend!

Back to the original question, before the heat started to rise. The only bad reaction to the booster shot, I know of, was a lady here in my town. Not sure exactly what went wrong--I'm just a lowly truck driver--but it affected her kidney function. She's now on dialasis (yes that's spelled wrong, but I never could spell) for the rest of her life.
That said, I'll be getting my booster the first week of Dec, and Miss Linda will get hers as soon as her time comes up.
And to be perfectly honest, I could care less about the vaccination status of any person. Their body, their choice.
Gary

Sine this shot does not give immunity, then why are you touting it as effective compared to vaccines throughout the decades that have given acquired immunity?

This shot only supposedly lessens the symptoms, a la the flu shot. Why should it be mandated upon the public? maybe you should read the 5th Circuit Court opinion on what this does for safety in the workplace and how it is literally a "work around" that is being used because it isn't legal for the Feds to mandate such a thing.

No offense, but if science can't be questioned, then what is the point of continued experimentation? At one point in time, leeching was "The Science".
98% of the hospitalized COVID patients are unvaccinated. That is a stunning statistic from a very large and definitely statistically relevant data set. The cost and burden that puts on healthcare should be a serious consideration. Additionally it’s my understanding that while it is possible for fully vaccinated folks to spread the virus it’s less likely with them usually carrying far lower viral loads. All that said I am starting to think the breakthrough rate is higher than reported. Even do immunity is well above 80% worst case scenario. That’s considered a good vaccine by any measure. I do appreciate the fact that some folks have conditions that make getting the vaccine questionable in safety for them personally.

Reactions: Bearcarver and JCAP
98% of the hospitalized COVID patients are unvaccinated. That is a stunning statistic from a very large and definitely statistically relevant data set. The cost and burden that puts on healthcare should be a serious consideration. Additionally it’s my understanding that while it is possible for fully vaccinated folks to spread the virus it’s less likely with them usually carrying far lower viral loads. All that said I am starting to think the breakthrough rate is higher than reported. Even do immunity is well above 80% worst case scenario. That’s considered a good vaccine by any measure. I do appreciate the fact that some folks have conditions that make getting the vaccine questionable in safety for them personally.
What is the recovery rate for the unvaccinated?

Reactions: forktender
What is the recovery rate for the unvaccinated?
I dont know the recovery rate and won’t just make up a number. I know it’s a high percentage that many people misconstrue as meaning it’s not a high risk disease. I do know it’s killed over 700K people in the US so regardless of the recovery rate it kills far to many people.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCAP and chopsaw
I dont know the recovery rate and won’t just make up a number. I do know it’s killed over 700K people in the US so regardless of the recovery rate it kills far to many people.
That’s what I thought.

Percentages can scare people.
Infection rate can scare people.
People get sick.
People get old.
People die.

Am I against vaccinations…no of course not.

It’s a personal choice.

Natural immunity means nothing anymore.

The goal of the federal govt is so get people vaccinated by all means necessary. Does the "vaccine" make you safer? Maybe. But I'm not convinced. I think the govt and CDC says so and that's what people believe. I don't believe that 98% is the real number of hospitalized personally. Over the last few months I have known more sick people who have been vaccinated versus those not vaccinated. Could that just be because more people are vaxed? Maybe. I will say I lost a great aunt who was fully vaccinated. She was old though. My in-laws have had several fully vaccinated friends get very sick and some hospitalized, a couple died, my in-laws are also vaccinated and had boosters. So that's that side. My sons gf and her parents were diagnosed with covid 2 days ago. They are sick. My son woke up sick today. He got 2 tests both negative. So I'm seeing plenty of people both vaxed and unvaxed getting covid. Doesn't really seem to make a difference which way. And again I can't and won't try to make a case for either. What I will say is continue to be careful whatever you choose. But don't believe politicians and the media on whatever side you lean on whether it be left or right. Both have agendas as do the politicians. Do what makes you feel safe but don't allow someone to tell you this is the only way to be safe "or else". It's a slippery slope

The goal of the federal govt is so get people vaccinated by all means necessary. Does the "vaccine" make you safer? Maybe. But I'm not convinced. I think the govt and CDC says so and that's what people believe. I don't believe that 98% is the real number of hospitalized personally. Over the last few months I have known more sick people who have been vaccinated versus those not vaccinated. Could that just be because more people are vaxed? Maybe. I will say I lost a great aunt who was fully vaccinated. She was old though. My in-laws have had several fully vaccinated friends get very sick and some hospitalized, a couple died, my in-laws are also vaccinated and had boosters. So that's that side. My sons gf and her parents were diagnosed with covid 2 days ago. They are sick. My son woke up sick today. He got 2 tests both negative. So I'm seeing plenty of people both vaxed and unvaxed getting covid. Doesn't really seem to make a difference which way. And again I can't and won't try to make a case for either. What I will say is continue to be careful whatever you choose. But don't believe politicians and the media on whatever side you lean on whether it be left or right. Both have agendas as do the politicians. Do what makes you feel safe but don't allow someone to tell you this is the only way to be safe "or else". It's a slippery slope
One thing we can agree on for sure is the media and politicians can’t be trusted and have very much politicized this. No doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky