Couple Meals This Week: NY Strips & Pork Ribs (Long & Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure looks delicious! Maybe get a lounge chair for your ribs and float them around in the pool with you...maybe they'll get some color!
Thanks for the input Ryan but I wanna get some color on them, not burn them to a crisp :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Awesome looking meals!
I‘m not going to mention the lack of color though…
Thanks so much and I appreciate you saving me the embarrassment by not commenting on the color :emoji_wink:
Due to your description I added it to my cart!
The sauce is really good. Problem now is that you have me looking at that knife...

Robert

Reactions: TH-n-PA
A pair of fantastic looking meats. And that color oh heck yeah. Fabulous job on that cook Robert.
Very much appreciate the commentary...and I was actually very happy with the way the ribs came out looking

Robert

Good looking meals Robert. Glad you liked the sauce! Flavor hits on alot of levels. Gonna use it on some chops tomorrow
Thanks buddy!! That sauce is fantastic!! I can see a run on that stuff coming soon. Can't wait to see those chops buddy. Can only guess they will be spectacular. BTW, we will be seeing you in a couple weeks :emoji_wink:

Robert

Robert, your steaks and ribs are off the chain. Outstanding!
The rib color looks great on my screen.
But, I've only been grilling and smoking meat for about 45 years, so I really can't give any advice on getting color on your ribs. Sorry.
Thanks so much Stu. As much as I appreciate the accolades, your post is a bit disappointing. Based on another member who is a BBQ expert with 35 years experience, I was thinking I only had 20 years of sub par Q to turn out before getting it right. Now it looks like I have 30 years or more. I'll be over 90 before I get it dialed in apparently :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks so much Stu. As much as I appreciate the accolades, your post is a bit disappointing. Based on another member who is a BBQ expert with 35 years experience, I was thinking I only had 20 years of sub par Q to turn out before getting it right. Now it looks like I have 30 years or more. I'll be over 90 before I get it dialed in apparently :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Robert, You're very welcome.
I totally understand your situation. However, take comfort in knowing that not only you and I, but other SMF members, have been turning out sub par Q for a much longer time. It is an injustice that by the time you have it all figured out you will be too old to hold a pair of tongs.
As I said, I am a noob too and know just enough to pose a danger to others.
I suspect that explains why my family, friends, and neighbors always have other plans when I invite them over for BBQ. 🤷‍♂️

Stu

I totally understand your situation. However, take comfort in knowing that not only you and I, but other SMF members, have been turning out sub par Q for a much longer time. It is an injustice that by the time you have it all figured out you will be too old to hold a pair of tongs.
I suspect that explains why my family, friends, and neighbors always have other plans when I invite them over for BBQ. 🤷‍♂️

Stu
I need another smoker and my remote thermometer burned out a 4th time...what am I doing wrong?...lol

Couple of ok kind of meals there Robert, i think you are losing your touch
Yep, I might be losing it. Either these were started before the first margarita or the heat here has burnt the last few brain cells I had left.
The ribs, you should be ashamed with the colour on those
I'm ashamed, appalled, and embarrassed beyond belief. Checked the cost of shipping to Canada and it was a bit steep. those would have been some mighty expensive ribs :emoji_laughing:
Fantastic Robert.
Thank you my friend, for the humor and the positive comments. It is appreciated.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Robert, you seem to use a variety of sauces both homemade and store bought. Have you ever tried YUM-YUM sauce.
Actually Chris, we use very little sauce. The best we've found is a modified version of Jeff's sauce. This is really the first I've bought in many years. As for the Yum Yum sauce, I've never tried it. Heard of it at some point but can't give any advice. Unless the stuff is really pricey, I'd say grab a bottle and give it a shot. Worse (I'm guessing) is that you'll be out a few bucks.

Robert

Great job on both the ribs & the steak Robert!
I have that sauce on our grocery list, since Jake said he thought WM carried it. If you guys are raving about it, I have to try it too!
Your photo’s are magazine quality!
Thanks so much for all the kind words Al. That sauce is really, really good. Honestly, I could see it used on many different things. As for the pics, they are just taken with an old Samsung Galaxy S8. I have discovered though the pics come out a lot better if I keep the lens clean :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I suspect that explains why my family, friends, and neighbors always have other plans when I invite them over for BBQ.
I take great solace from your kind, comforting, and supportive words my friend. I've come to terms with the fact that I may never live long enough to attain the elite status of some particular people. I guess I should have started when I was 11 and maybe I could be up there with the best of the best. I'm resigned to being a lifelong rookie...heavy sigh

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky