Couple Chuckies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brewandque

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 14, 2020
I picked up a couple of chuckies spur of the moment today. I want to make shredded beef but have a couple questions.

In order to shred I'm thinking the IT needs to be around 205. Does this sound right?

I'm not going to eat them until Tuesday. Should I rest and shred them today or wait until reheating on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance.

IT is a good indicator to start probing, but every hunk of meat is different. You want to probe it with a tooth pick or your thermometer and if you don’t feel resistance then it’s ready. It may be at 200 IT or up to 210. I agree with smoking north, I’d pull after a rest and keep the juices. When you reheat use the juices and maybe some broth! Post some pics!

Perfect. That's what I'll do.

Just threw them on

Attachments

• 20230121_132044.jpg
    20230121_132044.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: nicefly and bauchjw
I picked up a couple of chuckies spur of the moment today. I want to make shredded beef but have a couple questions.

In order to shred I'm thinking the IT needs to be around 205. Does this sound right?

I'm not going to eat them until Tuesday. Should I rest and shred them today or wait until reheating on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance.
Here's how I do it. Perfect everytime

Reactions: nicefly
Love me some pulled chuck! I make it often, mostly use it in burritos and spice accordingly.
They've got you covered on the IT range you want and definitely probe for tenderness/pullability @ 200. In for the finish....

Everyone already got you covered. They look like they're coming along nicely.

I wrapped at 167. They finished in another 45 minutes. I was shocked how fast it went. They're resting now and smell amazing. When I pull I'll take a pic if I remember.

Reactions: bigfurmn and DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky