Couple Chubs of Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Case I think if you used sliced they would break up when stuffing. I can picture whole ones in yours would look like olive loaf.

That may be the trick! I will have to play around with that I guess. I like green olives and pimentos in there.

Dang it DS Them sure do look good. Nice job as always. I would be doing some this weekend but wifes birthday and I am going to surprise her by taking her to Spokane, WA. for a shopping spree
th_crybaby2.gif
, I rented the kids out to friends and same with the dogs, should be a good time. 

Smoke something good this weekend!!!

A Full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Dang it DS Them sure do look good. Nice job as always. I would be doing some this weekend but wifes birthday and I am going to surprise her by taking her to Spokane, WA. for a shopping spree
th_crybaby2.gif
, I rented the kids out to friends and same with the dogs, should be a good time. 

Smoke something good this weekend!!!

A Full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS
I have been told that CHKN-N-MO or Toby's BBQ are some fine BBQ eating in Spokane, just saying! Have fun working that into your trip!

I have been told that CHKN-N-MO or Toby's BBQ are some fine BBQ eating in Spokane, just saying! Have fun working that into your trip!
Ya her weekend so she will decide, no chinese or Japan food, spent two yrs over there while in service and that was enough for me, Plus we are still eating on the Pork Butts we did for the super bowl, I think she is spent on BBQ for the weekend, Need to find a Nice Steak place with some deep fried shrimp and a baked spud. 

Have a great weekend. 

DS

Ya her weekend so she will decide, no chinese or Japan food, spent two yrs over there while in service and that was enough for me, Plus we are still eating on the Pork Butts we did for the super bowl, I think she is spent on BBQ for the weekend, Need to find a Nice Steak place with some deep fried shrimp and a baked spud. 

Have a great weekend. 

DS
If  I even mentioned BBQ or smokers I'd be left on the side of the road! Have Fun!

I've been thinking that the olives stuffed jalapeños and the olives stuffed with garlic cloves would be a nice addition to summer sausages!

What temp do you smoked at looked like 175 to finish what do you start at and how many time do you bump it between? Looks good!
grilling_smilie.gif
I do a method of ramping up the temp every hour. I start at 100°f for the first hour, no smoke. Then I jump up to 120°f for the next hour, and I start adding smoke. Then 10°f every hour after that until I get to 180°.  I do this so I don't render out fat.

Real nice job Case.

I like to mix in a little ECA prior to stuffing and smoking for the "tang". 
Thanks Sam! I will keep that in mind when I start using my own seasoning. Do you mix the ECA with water prior to mixing or do you put it in dry?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky