Country Style ribs with the new a-maze-n smoker....Q-view.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coma44

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Greenfield Massachusetts
My new A-maze-n smoker showed up yesterday and BJ's wholesale had a pac of country style ribs for 2.39 a LB. figured it would be a fun and tasty test.

Before the rub....

92cf41f2_10162010041.jpg

First load of dust 3/4 cup of apple dust 3/4 cup of maple and 3/4 cup of cherry dust mixed up.

6de9354a_10162010046.jpg

Into the smoker they all went.

2d00f075_10162010047.jpg

Well here is the finished product. Came good I did the 2-2-.5 and overal near perfect. Next time I may do 1.5 - 2.5 -.5 just to get a littler more moist finished CSR. Or maybe just higher heat and fishish them in 3 hours?

c82a1413_10162010050.jpg

Mashed potato and asparagus and CSR .....

1c8aebec_10162010049.jpg

Plated for the GF...She even approved!

46799c8c_10162010051.jpg

Over all very happy with the product I have been able to make on the first try with the A-Maze-N smoker and my MES. Thanks for looking and sorry for the crappy cell phone pic's.

Great stuff! You're gonna be thinking up all kinds of stuff to smoke with your new toy! Tell your GF to sleep with one eye open! Those ribs look fantastic.

All looks real good coma !

Thanks for showing!

Bear

LOL----GF sleep with one eye open--good one Cheryl !

Did you light (1) only one end, (2) both ends, or (3) both ends and the middle when you started the A-MAZE-N smoker? I ask because I have seen posts discribing all three possible methods but not along with such great pictures of the resulting smoke. I want to copycat you if I can.

Wait until you do some cheese or some bacon - your GF will love it for sure - and you might like it too
icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_cool.gif

I do really like those country style ribs too. I like them just grilled thou but those that you did look awesome too.

Did you light (1) only one end, (2) both ends, or (3) both ends and the middle when you started the A-MAZE-N smoker? I ask because I have seen posts discribing all three possible methods but not along with such great pictures of the resulting smoke. I want to copycat you if I can.
I lit just one end. I also learned that it is a good idea to fill it little higher and tamp it . As that makes for a more consistent results. I have now smoked spair ribs and two boston butts and packing helped alot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky