Country Style Pork Ribs (Bear's First Time)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those are some great looking CSRs you got there Bear.  I haven't tried them myself but from the looks of those I may have to...

So would you do these again? I have done them a few times because they are so cheap here & post like yours get me all motivated, BUT every time I have done them on the smoker they are just not for me? Too tuff, & not enough meat? Just my opinion?
I will do these again---before too long too.

I will not let them beat me!   
biggrin.gif

Bear

Look good Bear! Those are some very lean CSR's compared to the ones we get around here. Here they are a lot like pork butt - marbled with fat.
Thanks Johnny,

I have a few more, and they seem a little more marbled, but 6 hours is definitely too long for these guys, for me.

Bear

Looks like you managed! Nice!
Thanks Steve!
Yeah,

They were OK, but probably the least of a win I've gotten.

Too many variables I think, so I gotta pay closer attention next time.

Bear

I love csr it's like a thick pork steak. Nice pictures by the way.
bravo.png
Thank You Michael!

Bear

looks good bear!!!! Apple juice and teriyaki sounds like a good combo.
Thanks,

I use that pretty often---I really like it.

Bear

Those look very Tasty!!

I went 2-2-1 with the thick BBs and they were perfect...juicy...

Have a great day!!

Craig
Thanks Craig,

Bear

Man Bear that looks fantastic!!  Thanks for another wonderful step by step.  I'm learning so much here.
77.gif

Thanks Mike!

However don't follow this one step by step.

It leaves something to be desired.

It will not come even close to my step by step list.

Actually probably everything but the time is good.

Bear

Thank you very much guys (JFK, Merv, Biaviian, and Boykjo)  !!!!

Bear

6 hrs. would be long for CSR's, next time treat them more like a porkchop - take them to about 170 internal (approx. 2-3 hrs.). My favorite way of doing CSR's is to mix just enough Ton'y Chacharo's into 4 cups of buttermilk to give it a little flavor, then put the CSR's into a big plastic container and dump the buttermilk mix over the top. Let them sit overnight in that then smoke them for a couple of hours with mesquite. The buttermilk enzymes helpt to tenderize the pork and give it a really tasty tang on the finished product.

Thanks Johnny, good to see you back & active!

You have a thread on that, with pics?

Bear

Great job Bear! I've never made CSR's before, but I may have to try a bunch after seeing yours. Yours looked very good! Now about the veggies. I see them on your plate, but did you eat them?   
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Great job Bear! I've never made CSR's before, but I may have to try a bunch after seeing yours. Yours looked very good! Now about the veggies. I see them on your plate, but did you eat them?   
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
Yes I did, but those frozen mixed veggies were lousy!

I prefer Broccoli, green beens, sugar snapped peas, corn, or baby carrots with my roasted reds & any kind of meat---preferably smoked.

Bear

Great looking ribs John. Nice work
Thanks Scar!

Bear

I do like a 2-1.5-.5 for CSR. No more than four hours and you'll find they will not be dry. Great photos.
Thanks Flash.

That's probably better than what I was thinking.

I was gonna try 2-2, and then check to see if I want to put them back in with a little sauce on, but if they're done after 2-2, I'd be pulling them then.

Your 2-1.5-.5 will give me the last half hour with some sauce on.

I think My next shot will be 2-1.5-.5.

Bear

Great job Bear on the CSR's, never smoked them before but you know I'll have to try it now. I can always count on you to get me educated beforehand, thanks for all you do.
thumb1.gif

Great lookin' CSR's, Bear.  The only way that I have found success with them is in the pressure cooker but you have inspired me to give them another chance.

Chris

Last edited:
Great job Bear on the CSR's, never smoked them before but you know I'll have to try it now. I can always count on you to get me educated beforehand, thanks for all you do.
thumb1.gif
Thanks Porked,

I wouldn't follow this one. I'm not happy with it this way---Too long in the smoker---The next one will be better!

Bear

Great lookin' CSR's, Bear.  The only way that I have found success with them is in the pressure cooker but you have inspired me to give them another chance. 

Chris
Thanks!

Bear

Looks yummy.  I'm gonna try some this weekend but I'm gonna get me some mustard))))
Great!

I like to use Wocestershire (thick) on Beef, but I like mustard better on Pork.

Bear

xcellent........
bravo.png
Thank You,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky