Couldn't say no!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Wasn't looking for one. But couldn't pass this up. Doing some shopping at BJ's and came across this.

20221001_105510 (1).jpg

20221001_124527.jpg

I'll call it a belated Birthday gift!! My Smokey Joe is getting rough anyway.....

Nice find , but I see a couple other deals there . You might need to go back .
Adjustable charcoal grate ? That's a steak cooking machine . Burn some red oak down to coals right up under the cooking grate . Slap on some ribeyes .

I forgot about your new RV! For sure this is perfect for that. Like chopsaw says, that grill adjustment feature makes it very versatile.

How easy is it to empty the spent wood/charcoal? When camping/RV-ing that's the trick to getting these to cool down quick so you can pack them away again.

What a find Steve, and belated 🎂
Thank you!

Nice score! Happy belated B-day too.
Thanks!

Nice find , but I see a couple other deals there . You might need to go back .
Adjustable charcoal grate ? That's a steak cooking machine . Burn some red oak down to coals right up under the cooking grate . Slap on some ribeyes .
Thanks! I was tempted. But we spent waay more than we thought we would!
I forgot about your new RV! For sure this is perfect for that. Like chopsaw says, that grill adjustment feature makes it very versatile.

How easy is it to empty the spent wood/charcoal? When camping/RV-ing that's the trick to getting these to cool down quick so you can pack them away again.
Between the pull-out ash tray. And lifting the coal tray out. It should be a snap.
20221002_102149.jpg

Reactions: bill1 and indaswamp
Got it! Just remove the grates (and it might come with a pretty nice tool for that)and lift the basket tray out. If the coal tray fit on the pull-out ash tray, you can move and empty them both without trailing any ash.

Ramble away!

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky