Couldn't say it better myself

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Finally, someone has expressed their view of Cancel Culture that I can support 100%. Miss Linda sent me this rant that was on Facebook this morning.
Mods, I hope this is acceptable content.
Gary

Listen up Buttercups!

As someone who actually grew up watching Pepe LePew (and all those “BAD” Saturday morning cartoons), I never saw Pepe as a rapist or promoting rapist culture. HELL I didn’t even know what a rapist was.

I WAS A CHILD!

Let me impart my CHILDHOOD thoughts:

The only reason I ever thought the cat tried to get away from Pepe was because she was in fact, A CAT and he was a SKUNK. (For those of you who are biologically/scientifically challenged... Skunks and Cats ARE completely different animals.)

Skunks also smelled... bad.

I distinctly remember watching and thinking:

If Pepe catches up with her, she’s going to need a bath.

That’s it.

DEAR CANCEL CULTURE:

STOP READING MORE INTO OUR CHILDHOOD CARTOONS, BREAKFAST FOOD ICONS, VEHICLE NAMES, and everything else.

No one became a rapist, racist, murderer, animal abuser, or dropper of anvils from watching our vintage Saturday morning cartoons while eating Aunt Jemima pancakes.

You are, IN FACT, idiots, looking for attention due to the lack of parental fortitude in YOUR own lives.

You are walking, talking, “grown” infants. Screaming when you don’t get your way resulting in showing the world how truly absurd you are.

How about WE THE PEOPLE cancel YOU because WE are offended by your feckless, pansy ass, stupidity!

Thank you for posting. When they changed Mr Potato Head and removed Dr Seuss' book recently, that was crazy. I also grew up watching those same Sat morning cartoons, and felt the cat ran away from Pepe LePew because he smelled, and nothing more. In most of those the cat ran under wet paint and got a white stripe on her back, so he thought she was a skunk as well.

How about WE THE PEOPLE cancel YOU because WE are offended by your feckless, pansy ass, stupidity!
She/he is well spoken and very right, thanks for posting this Gary as i have never done facebook and do not intend to . So i would not have seen this
If i could give a thousand like to this i would. BUT someone somewhere will find something wrong with what this person had to say and bash her/he and everything about them
Sorry , not a lot of things bother me but this day of looking back to finding some wrongs in almost everything is just wrong

David

She/he is well spoken and very right, thanks for posting this Gary as i have never done facebook and do not intend to . So i would not have seen this
If i could give a thousand like to this i would. BUT someone somewhere will find something wrong with what this person had to say and bash her/he and everything about them
Sorry , not a lot of things bother me but this day of looking back to finding some wrongs in almost everything is just wrong

David
Yeah I don't do FB either. so I wouldn't have seen it.
Gary

Amen! And well said! And I still watch them...local TV station just put them back on recently early in the morning, goes well with my morning coffee!
Call me what you want but...

20210328_121423.jpg

Not sure I'll ever use them.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Amen! And well said! And I still watch them...local TV station just put them back on recently early in the morning, goes well with my morning coffee!
Call me what you want but...

View attachment 490969

Not sure I'll ever use them.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
That's a coincidence Ryan, I still watch the Flintstones when I see it on our local channel at 6pm weekdays, lol. Bugs Bunny too, the old ones.

Thanks for the post!
I grew up watching the same cartoons, but never once did I think hitting someone with a frying pan would mold their head and not hurt them or that you could shoot someone full of holes and they could drink a glass of water and see it sprinkle out.
My cousins and I played with Mr Potato Head at Grandma's and never thought about their "sex". WE WERE KIDS!
It's gotten so out of hand it's hard to believe....
Dan

Just watched a Road Runner cartoon yesterday. And they are still funny and I haven't tried anything Wile E. Coyote did in those cartoons.

Here is one Road Runner cartoon I think sawhorseray posted in the past in the jokes section. Disclaimer - Do not try this at home or anywhere else.

1616954069588.png

Just watched a Road Runner cartoon yesterday. And they are still funny and I haven't tried anything Wile E. Coyote did in those cartoons.

Here is one Road Runner cartoon I think sawhorseray posted in the past in the jokes section. Disclaimer - Do not try this at home or anywhere else.

View attachment 490983
I am personally mad that the "Acme" supply company os no longer in business.

I am personally mad that the "Acme" supply company os no longer in business.
crap, now where am i going to order my rocket launcher roller skate board roadrunner catcher, and all the other cool things our parents let us play with as long as we were outside until suppertime

David

crap, now where am i going to order my rocket launcher roller skate board roadrunner catcher, and all the other cool things our parents let us play with as long as we were outside until suppertime

David
The huge catapult to launch the boulders.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky