Could I use this PID on MES30?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

learninsmoke

Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Hey guys/gals,

Im no electronics guru, I read through a ton of posts on PID's and the "rewire" etc. I would love to have some of the units that guys are discussing but I can't afford to put that much money into my smoker right now. I am wondering if I could use this PID on my MES30, it is a Bayite BTC201 (Ill put a link below). I don't need bluetooth, any alarms, etc., I just want my MES to run at a more consistent (and known) temperature. This unit is 10A but they have a 211 model that is rated for 15A. Thanks for your help

Yes. It's an on/off controller like the Mes stock. It has to be better than the Mes because the sensor will be next to your food.

It has a 25` temp swing between on/off ... 10,15,20 degrees under set temp... 10,15,20 degrees over set temp... ... SO don't expect it to hold steady (within a few degrees) of set temp as it has a mechanical relay instead of an SSR (solid state relay)... As said.. it will work like the stock controller...

Also.. you really only need a single stage unless your planning on brewing in the future ...

Thank you for the info, 25* swing is more than I was hoping for. I’m not sure that the controller is necessarily bad but I have to set it to 261* to have an actual smoker IT of 225* (or as close as I can get to it). I would like to be able to set the temp and have the actual smoker temp be pretty close to what I set it to

I have a dimmer on my MES 30.... I adjust the heat output of the element until I get the temp I want.... It never turns off.... Keeps real even heat...
There is a new SCR that's better than a dimmer and much cheaper....
I use them continually on a 1500 watt electric hot plate to adjust the temperature I want...
SCR Controller

Reactions: tallbm
I saw that some people are using the REX-C100. Which unit would work with the MES30, the 25DA, 40DA or 75DA? It comes with an SSR relay and K thermocouple

I saw that some people are using the REX-C100. Which unit would work with the MES30, the 25DA, 40DA or 75DA? It comes with an SSR relay and K thermocouple

I use the same thing. Just from InkBird. I believe the OP is looking more for a plug and play unit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky