Costco pork bellies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paul nj shore

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
Does anyone know if there is any salt or cure in costco pork bellies ? I made a pancetta and it was sooo salty and i am 99% sure I followed the recipe and I always scale everything

TIA Paul

No I don’t think they do anything to them. I just cured a belly and not to salty for me

No salt. I use them all the time and follow the same dry cure method every time. Don’t even need a fry test they come out perfectly.

I don't go to costco , but I looked up the nutrition label for Costco pork belly . One showed 0% another had 2% and a 3rd Label list sodium at 25 % . So Not saying they do ,,, just some on line info . Might be worth checkin the ingredient label next time .

Reactions: Wood Chunk Chick
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky