• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Costco pork bellies

paul nj shore

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 22, 2016
Does anyone know if there is any salt or cure in costco pork bellies ? I made a pancetta and it was sooo salty and i am 99% sure I followed the recipe and I always scale everything

TIA Paul

motolife313

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2016
No I don’t think they do anything to them. I just cured a belly and not to salty for me

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 2, 2017
Does anyone know if there is any salt or cure in costco pork bellies ? I made a pancetta and it was sooo salty and i am 99% sure I followed the recipe and I always scale everything

TIA Paul
None that I have gotten there have been.

Last edited:

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
No salt. I use them all the time and follow the same dry cure method every time. Don’t even need a fry test they come out perfectly.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I don't go to costco , but I looked up the nutrition label for Costco pork belly . One showed 0% another had 2% and a 3rd Label list sodium at 25 % . So Not saying they do ,,, just some on line info . Might be worth checkin the ingredient label next time .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.