Cost of making beef jerky from store-bought meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks bud Amlodipine/Norvasc is what I'm on as well but I take 10mg. Might have to revisit the hydrochlorothiazide
I'm on Amlodipine at 5mg, they tried to take it to 10mg and my feet went to 100% asleep/pins and needles and they reduced back to 5mg and added hydrochlorothiazide (only 10mg so far) and it has been helping me as well. I'm thinking I will end up at about 20-25mg on it as well.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I developed what is known as 'lisinopril allergy'. It's nothing major but it causes a dry little cough, and that's when I went to losartan.
Wait, a lisinopril allergy? I take it also, and have had this weird dry cough for like 2 years now - and my doctor never mentioned it could be a lisinoprol allergy!!!!

Appreciate the drug combo advice. Had to got to ER last week with an episode. Have a appointment scheduled with primary care to talk about adding hydrochlorothiazide.

Side note my mother in law also had the Lisinopril cough reaction

No problem. Anything that helps someone is welcomed.

I've started aiming for a jerky shrink of only 50%. Cure#1, an accelerator, meat tenderizer, and a small amount of water make up my cure spreadsheet based on the weight of meat. I dust with a rub before drying. Once dried, I break the dried meat into 2 or 3 packages, keep one in the fridge, and the other(s) in the freezer. I put a folded paper towel in each bag to absorb any liquid condensation.

The result is tender, bite-thru, no tug jerky with a LOT less salt. It travels well. If I take it directly out of the fridge to eat, I nuke the portion for 10 secs per ounce.

It kind of reminds me of corned beef jerky.

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky