Cornish hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Looking to smoke some Cornish hens this weekend. Never smoked any of these, a lot of chickens though. Looking for any suggestions. Thinking of rubbing it down with with maple syrup and putting on Jeff’s rub. Is the internal temp any different than 165-170.still looking for any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I splatched and brined my last batch of the hens. did four, with two different rubs. Slaughterhouse brine is my fave for poultry.
CH 1.jpg
chick 5.jpg

Reactions: tallbm
You can put the syrup in your brine I have done it before like a half or quarter cup I don’t remember for sure. I wonder if it the syrup may burn if you coat it.

Have done many minature yard birds. Do same temps as a regular chicken. Love them little bigger :emoji_wink:. Syrup, mayo, mustard, olive oil, anything to help hold the rub a little, you should be golden.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky