Corned Pork shoulder (not corned beef)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kihler

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Arizona
Has anyone ever make corned pork? Not corned beef. I made a corned pork shoulder a few weeks ago and it turn out like a cross between corned beef and pastrami. I deboned the pork shoulder, tied it up like a rolled roast, brined it for 7 days - like you were making corn beef and then smoked it for about 5 hours. I got the temp up to about 160 degrees. I cooled it over night to let the smoke flavor go through the meat. The following day I simmered it for about 3 hours. Just like you would corned beef.

The corned pork tasted good and pork shoulder is a lot cheaper than beef brisket. I would be interested if anyone has corned pork shoulder.  Or any other cut of pork.  How did it turn out?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky