Corned Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Used Pops Brine again on 2 small Brisket flat cuts cured for 19 days.
100_0349.JPG
Soaked in ice water for 3 hours using the low salt I think I took to much salt out
100_0086.JPG
I brown both sides
100_0088.JPG
Then make it all happy with 2 cans of PBR
a Bay leave & tea ball with picking spice
100_0089.JPG
Bring to a boil then lower heat to a low boil
100_0091.JPG
Turn it over after an hour let it go another hour
start checking for tenderness with tooth pick.
I add the tatters at that time,when I recheck the
meat is usually done and tatters are ready
Remove meat and tatters add cabbage to the pot
Slice as thick or thin as you like I like thin
100_0101.JPG
Super tender
100_0102.JPG
Another pic of the slices
100_0103.JPG
Served with tatter and cabbage
100_0106.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Man that looks good. One day i will have to try making this.

Man that looks good. One day i will have to try making this.

Rick I like the low salt version of pops brine,it works on all of the cured smokes I have done.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
That's a great looking Patty's Day meal right there Richie, real nice job. I've never seen brisket flats for as inexpensive as corned beef goes for in March. I've heard of guys brining tri tip into corned beef, I'm gonna need to get a garage fridge! Like. RAY

Awesome job Richie I would like a sammie on rye with mustard please.

Warren
Warren I think that is about all that is left,the kids were here for dinner. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

That's a great looking Patty's Day meal right there Richie, real nice job. I've never seen brisket flats for as inexpensive as corned beef goes for in March. I've heard of guys brining tri tip into corned beef, I'm gonna need to get a garage fridge! Like. RAY

Ray these didn't cost much Tri Tips in my area are way to costly I bought 1 once $13.00 # Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

My goodness that looks good . You got the knife skills down too .

Rich Thank you I keep my knives pretty sharp,I some times wonder why I bought a slicer LOL.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie
Just picked up 2 new boning knives 6" Dexter & 6" Mercer

Mind blown how tender it looks Richie! Never boiled one- just straight in the smoker or roaster oven to cook it like pastrami. I must try this! I might have to add a little liquid smoke if I do though... Like!

Mighty fine looking corned beef Richie. You make it look so easy also.

Point for sure
Chris

Mind blown how tender it looks Richie! Never boiled one- just straight in the smoker or roaster oven to cook it like pastrami. I must try this! I might have to add a little liquid smoke if I do though... Like!

Erik This is good doesn't need any make up (liquid Smoke) Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Mighty fine looking corned beef Richie. You make it look so easy also.

Point for sure
Chris

Chris Thank you it is easy Pops brine works great with a little pickling spice.You have the best Corned Beef ever.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky