Corned beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pokes fan

Original poster
Mar 1, 2016
Laramie,Wyoming
I'm going to try a couple corned beef briskets tomorrow and I will also be smoking some beef backs. So I'm thinking brisket under the ribs?

If you're smoking the pre corned brisket you may wanna soak them for a few hours in fresh water, changing it out a few times. Otherwise they're really salty.

If you're smoking the pre corned brisket you may wanna soak them for a few hours in fresh water, changing it out a few times. Otherwise they're really salty.

I'll second that. Cut a potato or two in half and thrownthose in the water. They will draw out the salt. They smoke them too.

Thanks, I did soak them for several hours, wish I would have read about the potato beforehand but I will post de pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky