Corned Beef (not home made)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Farmington, MN
Was trying to decide on dinner yesterday morning. Saw a corned beef brisket in the freezer. Took the easy way out and tossed it in the crockpot before work. Was ready to go when I got home. The Mrs wanted Rubens so i got the fixings. We had one regular but wanted more. I thought open face for less filler and more meat. This is the only picture there is. We were hungry.
20220218_192510.jpg

Well if you ever invite me to dinner this farm boys gonna be there at noon! :emoji_blush: And I see you took my fine china again!

Everyone feeling better?

Ryan

Anytime you come this way let me know. Between the Mrs and I we can come up with something good pretty quick. 😂. The fine China is always the best. We are all feeling better, thanks for asking. The Mrs still has a cough/stuffy nose since it but basically we are all much better.

Anytime you come this way let me know. Between the Mrs and I we can come up with something good pretty quick. 😂. The fine China is always the best. We are all feeling better, thanks for asking. The Mrs still has a cough/stuffy nose since it but basically we are all much better.
There is a cure for that too! But I doubt your wife will believe you any more than mine does! Lol

Ryan

Actually she enjoys cooking and coming up with ideas too. She came up with the PP pizza idea a while back. She doesn’t drink much since the little man was born, but doesn’t get on me too much if I’m at home and have a few. 😂

Great looking Sammie!
St. Patty’s Day is coming up, so I bet we all stock up on corned beef (If they have sales).
I sure hope so, we usually buy Gobbel’s, but you have to screen them pretty well. I like to inspect the whole case full & end up with 3 or 4.
Al

I am actually pretty certain this was bought last year after St Patty day. Just a random grocery store pack that was pretty good, although a bit fatty. It hit the spot though. My wife thought the dressing lacked pickles so we put a few extras on. Was really good.
Thank you everyone for the thoughts as we recover from the Covid. We are doing fine now, wife has a little cough still. Myself and the little man are back at full strength for now.

Last edited:
Great Looking Sammies You got there Bigfurmn!!
They Look Mighty Tasty!!
I'm also glad you guys got through Covid unscathed!
I wish we could do that.
Like.

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
I bet the open face and the marbled rye version were awesome. I like corned beef hash too. I have no issues with good quality store bought corned beef, but I go looong with the soak-out.

I'm a home canner, so I'll buy corned beef to can in the 1.5 pint jars. Great for a quick meal or some sandwiches.

St. Patty’s Day is coming up, so I bet we all stock up on corned beef (If they have sales).
I sure hope so, we usually buy Gobbel’s,
Gobbel's was my go-to for many years. I never saw it on sale, but it was very consistent. Two years ago Sam's Club dropped Gobbel's and replaced it with the Member Mark brand. In some respects it's better. A little larger in size and in thickness on the 'flat' cuts I buy.

Not thinking so much about food for St. Patties day but my little girl turns 3 this year on that day

20220219_085006.jpg

Ryan

I judge restaurants by their Reubens. I always have. You can tell when they care and when they don’t with a Reuben since it’s such a ubiquitous sandwich. Just because it’s a lot of strong flavors all competing for attention, quality often gets ignored. If their Reuben is great, the rest of their food will be great. Works every time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky