Corned Beef Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
With St Paddy's day around the corner. I will be making a few batches of corned beef jerky. If you haven't done this I highly recommend it. Just slice it and smoke it or dehydrate it like normal.
Adding technique
sliced at 1/4"
2 lb smoked as is
1 lb with the seasoning packet on it
1 lb went to corned beef hash (should have taken pics)
Put on the Recteq at 180 degrees
Flipped pieces and rotate racks after 1 1/2 hours
Smoked another 2 hours
Place in zip lock bags sealed 3/4 way to steam and cool.
The batch with season package came out good!

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Good idea . I've used left over pastrami before . Just slice and dry . Never thought about doing it from the start . I like the idea .
Post it up .

I've only done it once and just sliced. I do remember the thicker pieces 1/4" had more flavor.
This time I am going to do some plain and some with the spice packet sprinkled on it.
I will post pics when done.

4 pounds did not make it 3 days last year!!

Reactions: bigfurmn
I just went out and bought two pre-brined flats and trimmed them up. I’ve got them soaking in a water bath right now. Thanks for the 1/4” tip. I’ll give the spice pack a try. I have a big bag of Penzey’s corned beef spice I’ll do a course grind with. Thanks again for posting this. I love beef jerky and make it all the time and I love corned beef so I think this is going to be a big win.

Reactions: bigfurmn
When you make it do you put the cracked spices on it just before drying like you would with pepper, for instance, on regular beef jerky?
Keep in mind a lot of the spice packet is pepper corns I think. So it can be spicy. Spread over the whole brisket should not be too spicy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky