• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Corned beef hash sausage?

marvinonme

Joined Feb 3, 2014
My wife was thinking about making corned beef hash sausage and taking it camping. Anybody have any experience with this?

:usa:

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
How would you cook the casings?  Maybe boil it when ready to eat.

marvinonme

Joined Feb 3, 2014
Something like that. I was thinking we'd make them fresh and then freeze them, thaw and cook when needed. I think I'll give it a try.

donr

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 3, 2011
I think the process in that link would work, especially if you use uncooked corned beef.  The originator had cooked leftovers.

I thought about something similar for Stuffed Reuben burgers.

Take ground beef, add pickling spices and salt to water (beer), boil to make a "tea".

Cool down, add appropriate amount of cure. Use 1/4 cup per lb of meat. (the ratio called for on Hi-Mtn. jerky mix)

Mix it all up & let sit.

You could grind spices & salt, then mix.  Add "cured beer" to be a little more precise on the cure.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.