Cornbread Chili Casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks absolutely fantastic David. Some seriously great looking eats there and great to see you making use of the new CI skillets. Being that cornbread and chili go hand in hand, this is a perfect way to put them together. Very well done sir and I'm loving it.
And in some circles this would not be called chili.
You are correct....however....since it's yours and you made it, make it however you want and who cares what anybody else thinks :emoji_laughing:

Robert

That chili looks just about the way we like it . Nice work on that . I can almost taste it .
Awesome idea with the cornbread and the cast iron bake .

Thanks Rich for the comment

That is the base idea of ours always , sometimes depends on what is in the fridge also, lol

Loed the cornbread also. It was very tasty and perfect on the chili and in the smoker
And the cornbread picked up a nice amount of smoke

David

I love it David! What an awesome casserole that looks incredible!! Definitely something that I’d crush while watching the snow come down and wind blow!Points!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

We love a good chili here also, nice to make a big pot and that way meals are done for couple days ( this only lasted 2 suppers and a couple in between snacks )
Hope the snow and wind does not add up to too much

David

Looks fantastic David, Chili around here is usually dependent on what's on hand when the craving hits.

Points for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Same here Chris, we have our base that most times stays the same , but add to it with the fridge finds and mood also.
And the cornbread was the topping to the meal... ha ha see what I did there , I kill me , lol

David

Are you flying into Iowa today Jed? You just basically quoted our upcoming weather forecast! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Sorry to hear about your weather , BUT You and Jed bauchjw bauchjw , please keep it around your guys area.
I need it to stay clear of here for a couple more weeks :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: 🤠

David

Your chili looks delicious!
It is definitely chili season & we make it all the time, no recipe, just what we have on hand without going to the store.
Love the cornbread too!!
Al

Thanks Al for the like and the comment

That is our base chili but the same here , what is on hand is what goes in , and the cornbread was a nice topping for in the smoker

David

That looks absolutely fantastic David. Some seriously great looking eats there and great to see you making use of the new CI skillets. Being that cornbread and chili go hand in hand, this is a perfect way to put them together. Very well done sir and I'm loving it.

You are correct....however....since it's yours and you made it, make it however you want and who cares what anybody else thinks :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

It was a good chili, ( I like a little more heat , but had Mona in mind , so calmed it down ) and the pans were nice to use.
And they will get a lot of use for many things
The cornbread was great on top of the chili, like a little pot pie. And a good cornbread base , but I added jalapeno's and cheddar to the mix for the toppings

I know the with beans / or without beans . That is the question....sorry no question here :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses: beans are in ours lol

David

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

It was fun and tasted good also
Brian this is kind of taken from "Sally's baking addition" my chili, but her cornbread, and of coarse I added the jalapeno's and cheese to the CI pans of cornbread.

David
Looked like you had a cup of mayo but did not see in recipe?

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looked like you had a cup of mayo but did not see in recipe?

Hi Brian , there is no mayo. If this is the picture, that is the cup of butter before I melted it. and the
measuring cup in the background on the right is a 2 cup, cup. Has the corn meal, flour, and baking powder in the whole cup at once.

The second picture is of the 1/3 of the whole mix that I removed and added the peppers and cheese to for on top of the chili. And it was fantastic. One of the better cornbreads I have had . And I like cornbread. :emoji_sunglasses: 🤠

1674155634713.png
11.JPG

Hope that clears it up. If not give me a shout Brian

David

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
That looks great! Very creative. No beans for me in chili but it's not a hill I'd die on. Great job!

Thanks Tyler for the love and the comment

Was very good and loved the cornbread top also, and yes the beans..
...not a hill I would die on either. I could eat it without beans also. :emoji_sunglasses:But have not had without yet

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky