Cookware Anonymous

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a lot of the stuff that's been mentioned but I also have something I haven't seen mentioned. I have a countertop steam oven in place of a toaster oven. It is an F.Blumlein.

I find it far better for re-heating things than a conventional toaster oven or microwave. It also toasts things perfectly. It has both a top and bottom heating element that can be used/controlled separately, with ot without steam. There is a little bit of a learning curve on how the settings work, and it's basically trial and error on what settings to use. But man I love it. My wife was pretty hesitant about it but even she has come around.

Ha Ha. I talk on ham radio frequently, close to nightly rag chew sessions at times. Couple nights ago just talking about smoking a PB, I got called a name. Someone I know out on the radio called me a "Foodie". What the H is a "Foodie"? Yep, got to looking and thinking, guess I talk about stuff I find here on this site and have to experiment and try on my equipment and talk about it.

Nice equipment stuff listed by many here, interesting we all like to smoke/grill/griddle/fry/bake/singe or whatever using many devices and methods. Some here with basic tools and a couple pans to get it done and enjoy getting it on the table. Some of us with more cooking hardware than we have room for storage with and have time to use. Ha Ha.

Yep I have a listing of my deck "tools" I almost ran out of space in my footer to describe, and I have some old CI on the rack in the back room I still have not had time to use. I did a batch of "Old Settler" Beans in the Crock Pot today. My lady friend made up some corn bread in a CI skillet in the oven to go with it. Earlier (Was cold outside) she made up some pancakes to freeze up on the indoor portable electric griddle and I have a couple pressure cookers I have not used in a while.

Just because I talk on the radio about I make up my own Ranch Dressing, Coleslaw dressing, Arby's Horsey sauce, Mayo and Sriracha that is good on a lot of stuff, and a couple BBQ sauces, along with talking about what meats I smoke, grill, griddle, deep fry, and boil in a pot I have done as I go, these guys think it is OK to call me names.

Well, I guess I will be the bigger man and shrug it off and let them call me a "Foodie" if they want. Thanks to all here on this site, including some who are no longer with us who have shared in the past that is still posted. We know they are whisping in our smoke and are still sharing their successes and almost failures or sharing things they will try differently next time for all of us to learn by or help others in the future here on this site.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky