Cookware Anonymous

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jim, the little comal/griddle on the third shelf down, right side, how do you like it? I'm looking for something like it to cook smashburgers on my Weber, and it looks lighter than my CI skillet.
I love it. It is definitely lighter than my skillets. But cooks very well. And I believe I bought it at the Lodge store in South Pitsburgh, TN. I think it may be available on the website. Yep double checked..Its called a serving griddle. depending on size...$15-$23.

Jim

Last edited:
I love it. It is definitely lighter than my skillets. But cooks very well. And I believe I bought it at the Lodge store in South Pitsburgh, TN. I think it may be available on the website. Yep double checked..Its called a serving griddle. depending on size...$15-$23.

Jim
I'm off to check it out, thanks for the reply.
Lynn

• Love
Reactions: JLeonard
Oh yeah it is a struggle! My Anova just died so...
Globe slicer, KA with a couple attachments, multiple sets of pans-mineral-stainless-CI. Woks, stick blender, a few knives, my rectec, charcoal bbq, camp chef 3 burner, mandolin,
pressure cooker and a small kitchen!
Costco has an Anova on sale right now!

Let me
Never too much cash iron!
Lately I seem to have started collecting enamel coffee pots...I'll have to get a pic of them. We definitely still use our oven and cook top often. Only have 5 smokers, weber gas grill, 36 inch Blackstone...by the way SherryT SherryT Would love to see a thread on Krystal burgers on flattop! Sous vide, 1 1/2 hp Cabelas grinder, Hakka stuffer, All American pressure canner. Starting to realize how much all the enablers here have cost me! :emoji_laughing:
But that cost is nothing compared to what I've learned here.
Gonna need a rotisserie for my kettle still...and probably a 26 inch kettle as well!

Ryan
Let me get a couple more cooks under my belt and I'll start one...right now, I'm still getting to know the thing.

You'd have fell in the floor laughing if you could have seen my first cook...I was all WHAT! WHEN! IS IT TOO HOT! IS IT HOT ENOUGH! OMG-WHAT-HAVE-I-DONE!!! :emoji_scream:

I use the range and oven regularly so I can't imagine losing that.
I gave away the Instapot last year. It was a gift and got used twice. Same with the slow cooker. There isn't anything it can do that I can't do with a C.I Dutch Oven.
The "can't do without " are the stand mixer, food processor, grinder, stuffer, Anova, Vac Sealer, air fryer and the various C.I pans.
By executive order I have to lose something before getting something new.....

Last edited:
Hexclad hybrid wok is my latest addition. It's a nice thing but I still love cast iron and carbon steel. Grill wise, we recently got a home tandoor from Golden Tandoor. Love it. Naan bread, chicken, it's all good.

I use the range and oven regularly so I can't imagine losing that.
I gave away the Instapot last year. It was a gift and got used twice. Same with the slow cooker. There isn't anything it can do that I can't do with a C.I Dutch Oven.
The "can't do without " are the stand mixer, food processor, grinder, stuffer, Anova, Vac Sealer and the various C.I pans.
By executive order I have to lose something before getting something new.....
Funny I have been told that too......

Reactions: halleoneagain
I have a spare room for storage of these things! HAHA
Me to but it getting pretty full now. My tiny kitchen has been really getting to me lately. Only couple feet of working space. I have two walls that can be knocked out but every time I added up the cost and time it would take said I can live with it. I sure wish I would of done it when had couple of friends in the business.

The beginning of my CI collection. I’ve added to it since this pic was taken. But use a lot of it regularly.
Get ya some SS hooks . Works great for hanging the cast Iron .
1671026400523.jpeg
I made this a couple years back to extend storage . Can also be used as a cooking or serving space .

1671026583766.jpeg
1671026538474.jpeg
It's full up now . I'm currently working on another one for the other side of the room . I'm lucky to have a big space .
1671026377952.jpeg

chopsaw chopsaw Yes sir! I bought some of the hooks and have the smaller stuff hanging on the sides and back. Thinking I might be close to the test weight of the shelf unit now! LOL!
Jim

Reactions: chopsaw
I have a set of 5 " wheels on mine . Makes it easy to move . I saw an older Lodge grill pan at Goodwill the other day . Nice shape for 13 bucks , but I passed . I have one that I don't use a whole lot .
I use the other ones almost daily . The ones from my family are like glass on the inside . 1940's Lodge , 1950's Wagner . Best egg pans around .
1671027517706.jpeg

5 ft vertical smoker... dubbed the chicken f2%&er, Ever embers pellet smoker / grill, 17 inch blackstone, Gyber pellet pizza oven, masterbuilt electric smoker,big boss countertop oven, 6qt instapot duo, 16 qt oster roaster, 4 liter electric fryer, my iron collection is a dozen pieces strong assorted sizes and styles, I have a small 6 inch stainless slicer i think is made by oster..... multiple woks, sears pressure canner gets used alot canning season, and we have enough jars to can all our veggies for the year. Big boy toys.... 40 lb Dean fryer nat gas, 1/2 hp hobart slicer.... takes 2 people to move it and im up for selling it as I have a spare... Electrofreze slush machine for making the wife and her pals margaritas on demand... its a rescue from sonic. 36 in vulcan griddle with 2 eye burners on the side, my portable bar..... 4 door keggerator can tap 8 different beers dom and imports as well as out the side of the trailer it is housed in and a full stock wet bar stored with syrup pumps and carbonator system. 3 head lancer viper co2 icee machine for those fun parties where we need more than margaritas, jager tap as well as other liquor chillers with multiple tanks, a complete 1944 westinghouse roll top coke cooler.... 6 cuft redbull cooler.... but my baby is the 1938 GM frigidaire refreigerator my great grandfather bought for the farm meds.... no longer operates but the body is perfect and my plans are to build a smoker out of it. I know some is not cookwares and this is not everything but just wanted to give you an idea of what i have stored and use.

Reactions: 801driver
5 ft vertical smoker... dubbed the chicken f2%&er, Ever embers pellet smoker / grill, 17 inch blackstone, Gyber pellet pizza oven, masterbuilt electric smoker,big boss countertop oven, 6qt instapot duo, 16 qt oster roaster, 4 liter electric fryer, my iron collection is a dozen pieces strong assorted sizes and styles, I have a small 6 inch stainless slicer i think is made by oster..... multiple woks, sears pressure canner gets used alot canning season, and we have enough jars to can all our veggies for the year. Big boy toys.... 40 lb Dean fryer nat gas, 1/2 hp hobart slicer.... takes 2 people to move it and im up for selling it as I have a spare... Electrofreze slush machine for making the wife and her pals margaritas on demand... its a rescue from sonic. 36 in vulcan griddle with 2 eye burners on the side, my portable bar..... 4 door keggerator can tap 8 different beers dom and imports as well as out the side of the trailer it is housed in and a full stock wet bar stored with syrup pumps and carbonator system. 3 head lancer viper co2 icee machine for those fun parties where we need more than margaritas, jager tap as well as other liquor chillers with multiple tanks, a complete 1944 westinghouse roll top coke cooler.... 6 cuft redbull cooler.... but my baby is the 1938 GM frigidaire refreigerator my great grandfather bought for the farm meds.... no longer operates but the body is perfect and my plans are to build a smoker out of it. I know some is not cookwares and this is not everything but just wanted to give you an idea of what i have stored and use.
I want to come to your place for the next party!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky