cooking grate vs jerky tray

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steves8860

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 17, 2021
I have room in my electric smoker for another grate. As I looked I found I could get the same size as a jerky tray. I have to buy 3 cooking grates but can by 2 jerky trays for less.

Is a jerky tray as durable as a cooking grate?

I have switched to hanging my jerky strips from a skewer instead of using trays. I get more even and quicker drying. In my Smokin-It #3, it used to take 4 racks for 5# of meat, using skewers, I can get almost 7# on 1 rack by hanging

Attachments

• Jerky Hanging.jpg
    Jerky Hanging.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 24
I have switched to hanging my jerky strips from a skewer instead of using trays. I get more even and quicker drying. In my Smokin-It #3, it used to take 4 racks for 5# of meat, using skewers, I can get almost 7# on 1 rack by hanging
That is sweet, you have way more patients than I do.:emoji_laughing::emoji_thumbsup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky