• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cooker First Burn-In after a deep cleaning

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
I've been busier than a one eyed Tomcat watching 2 mouse holes. For real, Lucile.
So after a long hiatus due to a work project I finally got a little time at home and damn if my Yoder wasn't just filthy and needing some much needed love (and deep cleaning) so in I went. These cookers get filthy after about a ton of pellets but I got the new upgraded igniter installed & after a deep scrape and clean out I replaced the door seal. BOOM! mic drop and ready for burn in.

After a good hour of high temp I backed the temp down to 240 and prepped the baby back ribs for the 1st burn in cook. Pellets were a 2/1 combo of Lumberjack Hickory/Cherry (Love this combo I mix myself) and a generous coat of Killer Hogs rub. Hourly (after the 1st our) I mopped them with Stubbs mopping' sauce (I love this stuff!) After about 4 hours I wrapped them in foil just because I was hungry and ready to finish them off ..... About 45 minutes after the foil wrap they're at 202˚ so I pulled them out of the Yoder and gave them about a 30 minute rest.

Amazing baby back ribs ....... enjoy the pics!

Fat boy's still got it :)
tempImageAEy7I5.png tempImageSZu6ic.png tempImagelALGMW.png tempImageu443Ot.png tempImagedk7JOo.png

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Looks pretty darn good from my seat !

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
You out did your self. Those look great. Looks like you have not lost your touch. Glad to see you BBQ again!

jeffo21

Joined Dec 14, 2010
Ohhhh I wouldnt eat those. Just wrap them up and leave them on the back porch and after work today I will drive to the wrong side of red river and get them for you. LoL

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks great . Nice return to to the smoker .

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Welcome back! The ribs look real nice and tasty from a fresh smoker. But I like your wet stone! Is that a 2-sided water stone?

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
Thanks all - yep the wet stone is 2 sided. I believe it's a 400/1000 or something like that. Works well just soak it for a little while and start working your edge on the blue side - finish on the white side. I use it quite often.

Hey @jeff021, there's no "wrong side" of the Red River (unless you fishing on Texoma with one state fishing licenses and not a Lake Texoma fishing licenses) :emoji_laughing: ...... that can get kind of dicey.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.