Convert this bad boy to pellet or revers flow wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ammaturesmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 31, 2015

If I go reverse flow, I only need to cut the inlet and have a firebox welded on. Of course no top lid and only the side can open due to the smoke stack. But if I go pellet, I would have to mod that current door by welding and cutting. But I would also lose the option of using it as a charcoal grill. Reason I am thinking of scrapping the pellet idea. I have seen some reverse flow units and I really do like how well they cook.

Last edited:
Update.....well forget the reverse flow idea. FINALLY got a quote back. They want 475 plus 145 shipping from Texas to Utah. I can get a Pellet hopper starting at 300 with free shipping.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky